cmcgrellis674

Car
citreon xsara
I no wat your sayin mate but i just want something different that no one else has about here,a 150bhp d turbo is unheard off lol But Well ive jus bought a 2.1 engine for her, gonna strip it down an get everything polished, then start to make modifactions on it. This should make my goal a litter more achievable lol

You'd be better off with a 2.0 or 2.2 HDi. These will go to 150bhp with ease. The 2.2 will go to about 190 in fact.

You have to get the fuel in very quickly in a diesel engine. The fuel pressure in the XUD engines is not adequate to achieve this. You cannot achieve any turbo boost without significant exhaust gas velocity. And adding extra fuel when there is insufficient gas flow will not increase gas velocity.

You will be able to improve upon the standard 110bhp (and the 2.1 XUD-T) CAN surprisingly be chip tuned to a small degree. Even though the injection is of the indirect type it is under electronic 'control' rather than being totally electronically managed.

Stalwart Superchips quotes a maximum of 140bhp for the 2.1 XUD-T as used in the Xantia, and rarely in the early Peugeot 406 models. Not bad but I suspect that's about it.

Keep us posted, this is an interesting project, nevertheless.

I know of plently of 150 hp xud's mate, i've seen 170 bhp 1.9 xud and 195 hp 2.1 xuds as well, it has been done before and it's hard and costly to do, check your other thread for the deat's i have left

true, but this way he can do it all by him self, and injectors can be an issue, not for reliability but i know on the 2.0 hdi 90 and 110 150-160 hp and there maxxed out where as on the xud's you could find some suitable replacements,

Fair point well made,

however have you seen the price of a 2.2 hdi though? £1500 they were last time I checked though, thats the problem I can for see where as the guy could probably make a 2.1 for less than that,

Don't get me wrong I think the 2.2 is a great engine but they are too few and far between to be cost affective

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back