1992 mitsubishi eclipse

tattered

Car
1992 mitsu eclipse
my name is michael and i have a problem i have a 1992 mitsubishi eclipse 1.8 l and i'm having troubles finding aftermarket and performance parts for it if anything what kind of engines can i put in with minimum problems

Hi there Michael, where are you from?

I believe that you have the option of fitting an early Evo engine to this if you want some serious fun. Also the Mivec engine from the FTO might be an option. See if anyone does a fitting kit for your car with these engines and go from there.

You could always just supercharge your 1.8 and get a decent power gain that way. Run a low boost supercharger and you should be ok with reliability.

i'm in arkansas where there arent many tuners, mainly trucks or land yachts i was thinking of going to japan-partners and seeing about getting a car from japan for parts but dont know if that would work or not

I guess it depends on the price really. It makes sense to have a complete donor car around but you need to make sure you have all the parts you need. Shipping in specific bits can cost a fortune - not to mention the time it takes.

At the end of the day you have to ask, would it be cheaper to replace the car with a faster one or do the current one up? Taking into account your location it will probably be the former option.:(