1991 Micra/March "Super-Turbo"(Doublecharged)

Doody coupe VTi

Wrench Pro
Car
99 Civic Coupe VTi
Alri lads.....

My friend has a Super-Turbo micra, its bog standard apart from induction kit, exhaust and in the prrocess of being front mounted!!!

Just lookin to see if anyone has one or knows good tuning tips??

Its a seriously immaculate car, would love to see pics of any others around?

Cheers....

That is pretty mental power in such a small car. Does he race it?

A good intercooler and remap could make a massive difference. I'm guessing the turbo has been added?

i will put up pics wen i get my 10 posts.... ;)

No its his street car, and comes stanard from de factory doublecharged!! Only car ever to be factory produced doublecharged untill 2007 VW released the Golf GT of now known as the TSi Model (turbo supercharged injection)

Its extremelly powerfull and an amazin car to drive!!! nice an rare too...... :)

There she is beside sonic ;);););)
All the bodywork and wheels and tints etc.... Thats all Factory produced!!!

Nissan outdone themselves with this one.....

WOW - looks a bit like the Pulsar. Thanks for posting up the pics. What are the power figures, accelerations stats?

maybe u can help me ive got some sick alloys for my micra but they too big i need to get my car raised.Wht exactly do i need to do

How big are we talking against the standard ?
you dont really wan to go down the route of raising your suspenson as it will kill you handleing as the centre of gravity will be raised higher.

get a body shop to pull and roll out the arches ( flare ) and you should be able to get away with this.

im taking a guess here and thinking the origninals wheels are 13" ?.

at 3" you should get away with low profile tyres and see how far out that is. if its not much rolling the arches should let you away with it

Hi all
Anyone know where I can get a gearbox for a turbo micra?
Or a gearbox from a Sunny ZX GTI??
Many thanks in advance

Hi Michigen and welcome to ToqrqueCars - where are you based? Have you tried the local breakers yards?

Hi Waynne
Thanks for the welcome
I'm based in Ireland
Have been trying all the usual avenues for a while now with no luck
Needing to find RS5F31V transmission from Japanese import Nissan March R or Pulsar VR/R1

Have talked to some car importers here but none have shown any interest in searching or shipping a transmission over

Do a road trip to the Enlglish land then. You might even find a breakers yard online who can send spares to you, or at least hold it till you can get over to collect it. (Make a weekend of it and enjoy yourself. -The Guiness isn't as good over here though;))

hi anyone know if i can do a turbo add on a micra super s . 1.3i its on s plate. and its all standerd , wat do i need for this turbo and the cost and time. do they make parts for the car/ plz help

hi anyone know if i can do a turbo add on a micra super s . 1.3i its on s plate. and its all standerd , wat do i need for this turbo and the cost and time. do they make parts for the car/ plz help

My advice would be an engine swap rather than turbo your car. You would destroy your engine with a turbo and all the parts needed to upgrade the engine just to cope with a turbo would amount to £££££'s. My advice would be to do an engine swap aswell. But remember if you do up the power or drop in another engine make sure you upgrade the suspension and brakes as well to handle to extra grunt....

yip mate you can add a turbo.

youll need
Turbo
intercooler
lot of pipework for both
exhaust manifold
lower compression pistons.
stronger conrods
ecu mapped

in other words do an engine swap you could pick up a decent turbo engine for a ouple of hundred pound and another couple to get it fitted.
better yet swap out the car for a turboed one, that way everythings set up for you, brakes suspension

you could think about supercharging - get one of ebay and plumb it in your self and run on low boost

nice one mate wat engine will go in that . wat bhp am i looking at for 2000 pounds will fitting and engine.

you could pick up a redtop turbo ( 200bhp )from a vauxhall for that easy,
dont know if it would fit however youd need to see what space you had.
for £2k you could pick up an old impreza or a Golf GTi turbo

ur right but am wanting a sleeper so it looks like a micra but the power there . wat abt pulsar engine in with fwd gearing. wat will it cost and work to do. will i have to line things out in place or do u think its a simple swap. thanks

couldnt tell you mate.
was there a 2 ltr micra avalible doubt it but if there was it would make it easer to judge how much room youve got to play with as remember youll proberly need a new radiator as well.
dont think it would be a simple swap however

had a quick look on 'tintrnet only think i could find was a bike enigned micra. or swaps from 1.0 to 1.3 or 1.6

thanks mate for checking . so wat engine out there u think thats 1.6 turbo or lower litre but will fit.

reanault have started with a 1.2 turbo.
we had a topic going a while back as someone was after a small turboed car. so that vould be a place to start.

you could also fit a skyline engine in the back and go rear wheel. but methinks it might be rather £££££££££££££££££

yeh true mate clio have a turbo car just new wats it run abt 100 bhp. skyline will be too much i no i love that in the rear. i want something that will laugh at me then my car goes on lights. with power over 200bhp