1970 Opel Manta A

SuperAwd123

Car
Opel Manta 1.8i
Hi all. Arthur here, I have a Opel Manta A, that I'm restoring/ building it up. I'm planning on running a Z18XE in it, and maybe turbo it. So any ideas?

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

This sounds like an awesome project. I like your style. The lack of decent parts around was what motivated me to start this site, there are so many dubious claims, phoney parts and snake oils and I think at one point I've been taken in by pretty much all of them.

I love the Manta shape, I recall as a kit it was one of my favourite cars. The Cavalier SRI130 was a common swap on these back in the day. The Z18XE should fit quite nicely. We did a feature on tuning the Z18XE this last week on our site don't know if you found it..

Why not drop in a more modern Z18XER - the revisions made to it make it a great tuning project.

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you. Tell us all about your project and your plans for it.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

This sounds like an awesome project. I like your style. The lack of decent parts around was what motivated me to start this site, there are so many dubious claims, phoney parts and snake oils and I think at one point I've been taken in by pretty much all of them.

I love the Manta shape, I recall as a kit it was one of my favourite cars. The Cavalier SRI130 was a common swap on these back in the day. The Z18XE should fit quite nicely. We did a feature on tuning the Z18XE this last week on our site don't know if you found it..

Why not drop in a more modern Z18XER - the revisions made to it make it a great tuning project.

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you. Tell us all about your project and your plans for it.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.
Z18xer would be awesome, but I got the Z18XE for free, coz my had to replace the engine on his Astra H thanx to bent valves. So I claimed that motor as my own. One of the firt pieces of advice I have to ask, is what clutch can I use and will the manta gearbox work?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back