1.6 diesel engine with 192 bhp

Good numbers for a 1.6 diesel engine. Personally though I'll stay away - I'm not really a Vauxhall fan. Just checked though - What Car says it's a 2.0 litre unit

Last edited:
It's the 335D you want bad lad!

Volvo's 5 cylinder diesel has really tickled my fancy of late. Getting such an itch to get rid of the Feista but I'm meant to be saving :(

That insignia is a 2.0 actually so its not quite as outstanding. 535d's can also be remapped to world-spinning levels of torque.

I know :) a couple of years ago I drove one which delivered over 500lbft.

That's more than a small railway yard shunter delivers.

Estate - yes, I probably would.

I must have miss typed it.

But still I think it is a good idea. but £27k for any vauxhall is a bit too much in my opinion.

I still think that newer diesels are becoming too complicated, Yes I like the Sequencial and compound turbo charging ideas but some of the emissions control technologys are just future money pits.

Re: 1.6 diesel engine with 192 bhp human beings.

I still think that newer diesels are becoming too complicated, Yes I like the Sequencial and compound turbo charging ideas but some of the emissions control technologys are just future money pits.

Yes, agreed. To a point. let's be fair, simple petrol injection was despised for it's unreliable behaviour if we go back 40 years.

All progress is as a result of the unreasonable man. If we were all reasonable we'd still happily being using horses and carts.

Derv fuel engine technology has improved massively over the last 20 years and there's going to be a time where we dispense with IDI fuel systems in much the same way that we've dispensed with carburettor fuel metering for petrol engines.

So has