would like some help.

connorh

Car
Connor Hyndman
ive been looking for some of those deep dish alloys with tires, and i cant seem to find any which are not completely knackered, can anyone help me with a web site that sells them. also ive just sorted out my sound system and i have have a couple of hundred quid left and dont know what to buy, any suggestions?

tcsmileysign.gif

Buy a tatty set cheap & have them refurbed (or do it your self if your feeling handy)?

Umm, ebay, gumtree, pre-loved maybe? :)

If it was me, I'd decide what I wanted first & then search for a second hand set. It'd make your search easier to narrow down. :)

What car is it for? For a couple hundred pounds you won't get anything that doesn't need a refurb. Proper deep dish rims cost a lot of money. I paid £700 for a set around this time last year, before tyres. Then I still spend some time polishing them.

They are also a pain in the backside to clean!

E36_081.jpg

(These are actually for sale atm - shameless plug :))

Last edited:
its for a vauxhall corsa, and where did you buy yours from then?? also, how much does refurbishing usually cost?

In that case you won't get deep dish rims to fit a Corsa as it won't use an offset low enough. They'll poke out too much. The ones pictured above were still fairly high as far as deep dish rims go. ET20 front and ET17 rear. A lot of BMW guys run lower! Mine are genuine BBS wheels made for BMWs.

Refurbing a set of rims will be around £50 a wheel but completely depends on what you want. A bog standard colour change is usually £50 a wheel but depends where you go as well. I take mine to a place in London called Custom Cars.

If you just want the polished look then look at something like the Lenso BSX seen here. They use a smaller dish and a higher offset so should fit absolutely fine.

yea they look quality, but yea iv found a few that say that they will fitt a corsa. and sorry but i dont know what you mean when you say the offset wont be low enough. but cheers for the help people! :D

sorry but i dont know what you mean when you say the offset wont be low enough. but cheers for the help people! :D

It means the dish that your after, you won't get with a Corsa because the offset (or how much wheel width you can squeeze under the arches) won't allow it, not without modifying the wings to accept the wheels & that's a whole other tin of worms. :amuse:

so the wheel arches wont be big enough to let the wheels fitt?? but cant i just get a smaller size rim or tire?? cause iv seen this one set, and they are only 15" with not very big tires, so wouldnt they fitt?? :)

Its the width of the wheel that affects the depth, if the tyre is too wide then it will stick out from beyond the arches & will affect you steering lock to lock.
Fitting low-profile tyres & stretching them to get them under is a common practice & must be done carefully (although I personally wouldn't recommend it it, look up 'Stance'). Going up a rim size is going to make you job more difficult & you need to make sure you stick to the original rolling circumference to ensure your speedo stays accurate.

have a look at this site, it explains the basic of wheel & sizing quite well. :D

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html

Post a link to the wheels you're after. Basically, offset is labelled as 'ET' then a number. For example ET40. The lower the number the further the wheel will stick out towards the outside of the car. The wheel width has nothing to do with this. I'd imagine a Corsa will use something around ET40 as standard meaning anything towards ET20 will need stretched tyres. It can be done but some cars require a lot of arch work. Whether it be rolled arches or pulled arches or both.

Going up a wheel size isn't really a problem as long as you adjust the tyre size to keep the same rolling radius. You also need to take into account how low the car is and whether or not you need alter the camber you run.

To run ET17 on the rear of my E36 instead of the standard ET40 I had to roll the arches, run a slight stretch on the tyres and use -3 camber. The fronts weren't as much effort.

Post a link to the wheels you're after. Basically, offset is labelled as 'ET' then a number. For example ET40. The lower the number the further the wheel will stick out towards the outside of the car. The wheel width has nothing to do with this. I'd imagine a Corsa will use something around ET40 as standard meaning anything towards ET20 will need stretched tyres. It can be done but some cars require a lot of arch work. Whether it be rolled arches or pulled arches or both.

Going up a wheel size isn't really a problem as long as you adjust the tyre size to keep the same rolling radius. You also need to take into account how low the car is and whether or not you need alter the camber you run.

To run ET17 on the rear of my E36 instead of the standard ET40 I had to roll the arches, run a slight stretch on the tyres and use -3 camber. The fronts weren't as much effort.

Yeah my bad I should have mentioned ET.
thsmiley_abduct.gif

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back