Why have power

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Why do you like having a powerful car?

Is it a need to be the best/fastest/quickest? Do you like to keep it in reserve for when you need it? Do you find it hard to enjoy a drive without the power under your right foot? Are you compensating for something?

What are your motivations, aspirations and needs for power?

For me I like to have the ability to effortlessly overtake something and love the feeling you get when you put your foot down and the car surges forward on a cascade of Torque. I can live without the power but I don't enjoy driving when it's not there, although I can still have fun in the corners.

Tough question that one. I never started out as wanting real power, it just sort of happened in small stages then one big hike once I was hooked :oops:

Power is an addiction and, as with addictions, you need more and more to satisfy the craving. It is also incurable.

Ditto... I've always bought a car more powerful than my previous car. Always crave more power. Problem is I'm getting rapidly towards the point where anything more powerful is very expensive - so I don't really know where I am going with this addiction. I suspect I will run into problems and disappointment in the not too distant future.

I find underpowered car's are hard work. I drive my in laws new CMax 140 tdi but it is gutless. Have to change down to go up hill, 1st gear is a joke as it just about gets car moving and reaches about 7mph before having to change to 2nd. The Golf is effortless and relaxing to drive long journeys in its present configuration and when Mr Bentley does my remap it'll be even easier. Any new year promotions coming up Rob to help a poor petrol/diesel head out who has a wife with a designer handbag addiction that depletes funds just as I've saved some cash.

I just like the feeling off being thrown back in the seat when flooring it.
My old Fiesta RS Turbo was 280 bhp at the wheels. It was a case of floor it... Nothing happens for a seconds or so and then Bam. Thrown back into the seat and pinned until the next gear is needed.