Why do you read car mags

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When it comes to car magazines, why do you read them?

What magazines do you tend to buy the most?

I like a variety of magazines, ones with new car driver tests are interesting to me but I do like magazines that delve into the technical side of car modding. Sadly there is not much around that fills this latter need at the moment.

Bring back redline or Cars and Car Conversions!

For me, to keep updated on the latest car models that are available now or to be released shortly. Road tests are also quite interesting but I really miss the fun car magazines like Custom Car and Street Machine from back in the day :sad2:

I do not buy them like I used to, too darned expensive and full of adverts! I tend to buy them if I know I am going somewhere where I need to kill time or on holiday or business trips when I can relax by the pool etc.

I only tend to buy Land Rover Intl or MG Enthusiast. Back in the day I was always buying CCC, Auto Performance before it got consumed by the latter, Practical Classics etc.

At the Mo I am buying anything with features on 911 air-cooled's as I am hoping to buy one next year, however each write-up seems to contradict the other so which is the most reliable and easiest to live with...SC.... CARRERA or the 964 ( I know every car is based on its own individual merits but overall which is said to last the most miles?)
I am a big fan of PPC and have almost every issue but stopped buying it 6 months ago, it just seemed to get repetitive and dare i say "Boring" However i did successfully lobby for the "BUDGET BLASTER" to come back.

i buy 2 mags fast ford and ppc, and am subscribed to performance french cars.

i get them for a good read to see whats what in the tuning world and what new stuff is out there, also mostly to see the results of alot of hours hard work on peoples motors.

hoping my car will be in pfc next year

Aye, I'm more interested in seeing what people have done with their cars than drooling pointlessly over exotica I'll never own. I'm not a petrolhead in that sense, in a way blue-collar working-class hero cars excite me more than Ferraris.

I still find some car mags interesting, for instance; shopping in Sainsburys yesterday afternoon and I came across Autocar magazine for the 19th September with a picture of the new £800k 950bhp McLaren F1 on the front cover :love:

It was a fascinating read all the way through and I thoroughly enjoyed it along with my coffee and blueberry muffin ;)