Why did You buy your car

Puntopimp

Track Warrior
Car
1.8 TDCI Ford S-Max
So People Just want to know What is it about your car what made you buy it??

Me personally With my Fiat is

I needed a Small car for Insurance but I didn't want to go and be a typical 21 year old owning a Corsa and also Fiat are a Poor Man's Ferrari there is something about the Fiat Punto's shape I just fell in love with for some reason.

And thinking about it I am glad I got the car!

Well I bought the MG ZS 180 for a number of reasons;

1, It's got an interior, my other car is a little devoid of creature comforts & after driving it for a year it was time to get something that was so bad for my hearing.

2, It's an underrated car that many people overlook.

3, You can get them for peanuts, you get a lot of car for your money.

4, It's got a V6 engine. :D

Have worked hard for the last 20 years , always liked V8s and 4x4s so when the V8 Hilux Surf came up for sale I grabbed it , and the way I look at it if you have a V8 you cant be fussy on the price of fuel

I needed something bigger to get the Mom in law in and out of easily, the A3 was a bit too tight.

I didn't want to compromise on performance and quite liked the look of the Avant, it is certainly nicer than the Saloon IMO. I am pretty happy with what we have, a little more fuel economy would be nice but the fun I get from it's performance is more than enough of a payoff.

Fair play Waynne you should look at getting the RS4 thats a quality quick and big audi!
Its a Economical Scooby imho.

@Loz thats another reason why I got the punto they are rather much over looked!

Becaues when I was 20 I said to my mate who had just bought the Evo

''this will be mine''

He laughed.

Its now mine. I fell in love the first time I sat in her. She is a beast, a beauty, a horror and a delicate little sole. I have tried to sell her twice and failed both times to even advertise. I can't bring my self to sell her.

Nice on BBJ My first love like that was when I sat in a 2004 Scooby and my mate floored it! at the tender age of 14 I were since then I have been hooked on Torques

Well the Fez can achieve 77mpg, comfortable, enough gadgets, dirt cheap to run, tax £30 a year even Contisport Contact 3's in this size are only £70 each...

As for the Focus, it's rediculous fun to drive and an excellent package right out of the factory. They look pretty badass too imo.

At the time I was modifying my Ford Anglia 105E for rallying. Flip front, Lotus Twin Cam engine was planned. Big (for the day) tyres, raised, etc. However, it was difficult doing it as it was also my daily driver.

A colleague at work bought a Lotus Elan 2+2 and I thought, 'Oooh, that's nice, I quite fancy one of those'. Passing a garage on the way home a fw days later I spotted what turned out to be the smaller brother of the Plus 2 (didn't know much about Lotuses at the time). Had a look and fell in love with it. Bought it for £550 in 1974 and still have it. Anglia was forgotten from then on so never went rallying.

Fair play Waynne you should look at getting the RS4 thats a quality quick and big audi!
Its a Economical Scooby imho.

@Loz thats another reason why I got the punto they are rather much over looked!

I still get 35-37mpg from it so I can't complain really! I doubt I'd get near that in an RS4! I would quite like an RS4 or even the RS6! One day perhaps.

I needed a nice car for work, but also did not want to feel embarrassed if I went out for the evening in it. The Saab fitted the bill for me perfectly.

The Focus is a Quality motor I would love the New Focus RS in Focus Green its sexual

I do like the Mk2 and Ultimate Green is definately my favourite colour but I'm not sure I would own one, next car in a couple of years will be RWD or 4WD but I'm stuck between M3 CSL and R34 GTR!

Had a look and fell in love with it. Bought it for £550 in 1974 and still have it.

That's awesome. I hope to still have the FRS in 30 years time!

I hope in 30 years time to have a Mitsubishi GTO and a NSX and a Integra Type R

Are you on crack pp?? All them cars you just said are dated now! Let alone in 30 years time. There are some cars out there that can last the test of time, but I wouldn't have thought any of them would be timeless classics. The two hondas are underpowered and underpreform as it is. And the Miti is long supassed by anything Rallyart have done.

:confused::confused::confused:

Lotus Elan is a Very nice car how come you didn't consider the Elise??

The Elise was released is 1996, 22 years AFTER I bought the Elan :)

The Elise would never have been the shape it is if CABC had been alive at the time. It was much too fussy for his liking (and mine).

Got my Corsa for the same reason PP did, but ive never seen another corsa like mine on the road before (focus ST orange) so it kinda makes it look like not-a-corsa. Dont regret it for a second, hands up who had a break down in the last 3 years! none for me :D i recommend it to any new driver

I'm stuck between M3 CSL and R34 GTR!

Not really a bad choice either way tbh.

I got the BMW as a stop gap because my Civic had been crashed into. The plan was to fix the Civic and sell the Beemer (as it would hold it's value) but I became attached to it and decided to keep the BMW. The E36 is a much nicer car to own and I has really taught me a lot (as I didn't used to work on the Civic). I still have the same Recaros though!

SL371069.jpg

DSCF0416.jpg

E36_098.jpg

Promo_Girls_002.jpg

I won't sell it until I'm 25/26 I'd imagine. When I can afford something like a E46 M3/E92 M3/Porsche GT3 (ok, the last one is optimistic lol).

Fap me she's bang on trend on the right!

Yeah I wanted CSL first for ages, then switched to R34 and was adamant on that, but now I've been watching a few videos and looking at specs and that and I want a CSL again now. <shrugs>

hmmmm I aien't too sure on Volvo's tbh there is only 1 volvo I would consider but I can't remember the name of the hatchback the CR90 or something silly like that

Fiesta was bought as wanted a cheap 1st car that wasnt going to kill me on insurance or tax, and i wasnt going to be bothered about wreaking. sold 6 months later as sick of it drinking as much oil as it did petrol.

Civic - because i wanted a decent reliable car that i could have fun with

Prelude - 20 and able to get cheap insurance on a 2.0, "sports saloon" and for £300 i wasnt going to say no

Bora - originally wanted a diesel bora but the premium over the petrol swung it. originally reason was wanted something with some proper grunt that didnt need to play about with the gearbox every time i wanted to pass something like the hondas, while also understated

Octy - had a 170PD golf as a courtesy car when the bora had got hit and decided i was having this as my next engine. after hitting the bus looked more in depth and found the CR engine is supposed to be more reliable - PD suffer from issues with the injectors that arent cheap to get, VAG did do a recall but hasnt always fixed the problem.
reason for the octy, bigger than the golf, a3 and, as the bora, didnt have the premium attached to it for being one of them. i found a 56 a3 for sale £15k and it wasnt low mileage.

Don't get me wrong the volvo is a alrite motor but its the perception of a Volvo driver I dislike and btw PG what is an Octy exactly???

Used to have a 2.8i capri,till the mrs saw a black car she liked,didnt know what it was,i did!,r33 skyline!,so i convinced her we should get it,had it for 6 years or so,mrs got made redundent got 20 grand and decided to upgrade the car!,so bought me the r34 just over a year ago!,would,nt know what to get next if we had to!apart from new gtr but thats lottery winning territory!.

Don't get me wrong the volvo is a alrite motor but its the perception of a Volvo driver I dislike and btw PG what is an Octy exactly???
You should never choose a car because of perceprion, the perception is that most punto's and corsas are driven by young boy racers (this is not a dig at you PP)

thats whats makes then good, the perception of them being driven by old people who drive slow.
dont know how many people were shocked by the way the bora shifted - not massively fast but quicker than the corsas, clio puntos that are always trying to race a mate in his Mk1 Vrs octy - 95% the same the only main difference was the bora had 6spd over the older 5spd

Fap me she's bang on trend on the right!

Yeah I wanted CSL first for ages, then switched to R34 and was adamant on that, but now I've been watching a few videos and looking at specs and that and I want a CSL again now. <shrugs>

The M3 CSL is probably a better all rounder imo. More power out the box, easier to live with day to day and you get a fair few luxuries. The thing that would put me off in the R34 is that all the interior bits are 'typical Jap' and taken from the Primera.

Still, I'm sure either way you won't complain! :D

Lol @Claymore I actually got told when I bought my car that its a womens car LMAO

People were surprised at how my dads car The RT Sport Laguna Estate

Shifted at Lights when a boy racer would pull up

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back