Torque Cars

Which are the most fun off roaders

Discussion in '4x4 Owners club (off roaders)' started by obi_waynne, 25 June 2009.

1. dpsubaru

dpsubaru The Torque Meister

Scotland / Vietnam
    Car:
    Subaru WRX Turbo 04
    205:: That thing looks great, must be a good laugh to drive!

2. 205 GOD

205 GOD Tuner

UK-Atherstone
    Car:
    205 MI16
    put it this way, its different lol

3. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.

How the hell did you manage to fall off?? :lol::lol:

4. lutonmatt

lutonmatt The Torque Meister

chatham kent
    Car:
    82 trans am kitt
    really i dont know i had done that lane 2 days before but he other way but rain the night before made it really muddy and slippy and must of just been to far on the left

just clad the trees were there to stop me falling down the bank

5. turbonutter69

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Go trees lol :lol:

6. lutonmatt

lutonmatt The Torque Meister

chatham kent
    Car:
    82 trans am kitt
    they can be in the right place sometimes other times they are in the worst places possable lol

7. turbonutter69

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Yeah I used to go with a mate and he got finished off in a few Comps due to tree's lol

8. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    I've off roaded a Discovery 3 and it's quite a machine there just sooo much stuff to help you out the engineers at lode lane are brilliant, best modern off roader I think...Yes I know the bowler nemesis is quicker but I'm talking production cars now,

Might not be adventure to drive like the old land rovers but if you want to go to place that a normal car can't go in comfort then this is the car for you,

The range rover is good but is heavier and not as advanced as the 3, i guess the 4's underpinning's are much the same

9. indiaman

indiaman Track Warrior

Bangalore India
    Car:
    Tata Marina diesel
    I still have my old 1945 World war 2 Ford jeep in my garage, had some great times with it in the 60's and 70's, Right now it is jacked up, and only entered for classic and vintage car rallies

10. blowby

blowby Full member

Philippines - Manila
    Car:
    Daihatsu Charade
    My Vitara is quite a capable offroader. Its offroad ready out of the box. And it has more potential once modified. I had mine lifted by 6" and fitted 31" Mud tires. never failed to bring me home from the trails. :)

11. CJJ

CJJ Full member

Northumberland
    Car:
    MGTF160 + Focus ST
    Always has to be Landrover for me if it is pure offroading. A SWB with good tyres.

It is the only one that looks good with dents and scrapes.

I have a Freelander at the moment, but it is just for the snow in Northumberland, never really taken it offroad.

12. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    These are supposed to be pretty good, I've seen a few with XUD conversions in them as well..

13. va55y

va55y Wrench Pro

kent
    Car:
    clio mk2 ph1 1.2
    fiat panda

14. boostnturbos

boostnturbos Torque Junkie

Ireland, donegal
    Car:
    BMW 318ci SE
    over our way the 3.3l patrols rule the hills. there is a crew of 4x4 men next to us, they only deal with the LR 90's etc. they getting the off-road scene going by setting up days to bring your own and try beat them. with all the hype of the land rovers i thought nothing could beat them, incorect james, nissan patrols all the way, eat them for dinner and tea. class watching the men getting beat at their own game ha!!!

15. lexus8

lexus8 Tuner

New Zealand
    Car:
    1991 Hilux Surf
    we have a few Suzuki sj410s here powered by Lexus V8s , awesome , then I Havnt seen The Toyota hilux / Surf mentioned much ,

Last edited by a moderator: 6 January 2012
  16. gummy

gummy Torque Master

england heathfield
    Car:
    skyline r34 gtt
    I think the Bowler is the best !!.

17. chewy1986

chewy1986 Tuner

birmingham
    Car:
    freelander td4
    ive had a freelander td4 took it offroading at sibbertoft leciester, and a cheeky drive through eastnor estate, was absolutely brilliant only major flaw was the ground clearance due to the independant suspension setup but a 2" lift and bigger tyres and its light weight will take it anywhere,
    also had a g-wagen in the family , it was raw and basic but bloody good, proper manual diff locks never broke down

18. gummy

gummy Torque Master

england heathfield
    Car:
    skyline r34 gtt
    i would deffinatly say a bowler ,i totally agree with aston!!:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

19. JimmyHelu

JimmyHelu Banned

usa
    Car:
    usa
    One that you can drive off road and you don't care about the damage?
    Motoring journalists often say the Range rover is the best 'off-roader', but
    would anyone in there right mind take their OWN £55+ vehicle off road with
    all those deep carpets and leather???

Now a LR 90 with decent tyres :)

20. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    Sure they would,
    Ive seen it happen many a time....and thats what they are built for,
    Also land rover claim that the Discovery is the best off roader they do,

The thing is though... they are designed for off roading in thre sence that you wont exeed say 20 mph, if you want to drive like a hooligan then yes...other car are prefferable...anything with a Bowler badge would do it...