Whats your cars mileage?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is your cars mileage and how many of those did you do?

I'm on around 75,000 and got the car at 54,000. Last month I only did 300 miles, and most of those were for pure pleasure.:amazed:

At what mileage would you sell the car or will you keep it for as long as it is reliable?

29849 on the clock at the min. bought it at just under 18k and will prob keep it till

1) 100k mark
2) The engine blows or siezes
3) I get bored of it

Bought the car on 79,000 miles 2 months ago.
Turned 82,000 yesterday.

Thats nearly 400 miles a week :(

gretschdrummer1989 - 500 miles in a few months! :eek: I've just managed to get my monthly mileage down by 50% to 300 miles by walking everywhere and using the car at the weekends.
Tegimal - Cornwall is a bit like Kent as you have a 200 mile or so drive before you hit the mainland.
Pixel is doing mega miles 20k+ per year - good job it's a diesel.

gretschdrummer1989 - 500 miles in a few months! :eek: I've just managed to get my monthly mileage down by 50% to 300 miles by walking everywhere and using the car at the weekends.
Tegimal - Cornwall is a bit like Kent as you have a 200 mile or so drive before you hit the mainland.

But its not a diesel! :eek:

I have 14000 on the clock, I bought it at 12000 or 13000...can't remember without checking. I won't need to get rid of it for many, many years as its Japanese. Plus I don't intend to!

yup, im on norwich unions pay as you drive ins'. Me being a 18 year old boy who just past in feb, (got the car in mid april) its the cheapest thing ever!!!, and also i dont have to drive to college everyday (i got a free bus pass for that), i just use the car for goin to the shops, friends houses and what-not....

yeah i know but too bad i dont have one, got gretsch renown maple everything else tho. the snares a quite pricey tho, (sorry torquecars guy, going a bit off topic here)

They are stopping the pay as you drive scheme aren't they?

But its not a diesel!
Sorry mate - I thought you had a Pug HDI (please tell me I'm not dreaming about that!) - the 40mpg made me think it must be a diesel on a spirited drive!

yeah they are stopping it, this is the last month i get "tracked" on my milage, after the 28th ther not tracking anyone, its cool cos ther only gonna charge me £45 each month now. so soon its going to completly stop. they said they would get in touch to talk abt things, i hope they make me a deal on the normal insurance so i dont have to spend £2000 like everyone else is asking per year!!!!!

Sounds like you got a bargain there then! Do you think you'll do more miles when you are not being tracked?

im not sure actually, i think me being able to drive after 11pm if i do go to a normal insurance policy will just mean i can drive home from a friends house later than usual really, but i bet now il be the one who has to go pick my dad up from the pub and sisters from town........."great"...........

I have 14000 on the clock, I bought it at 12000 or 13000...can't remember without checking. I won't need to get rid of it for many, many years as its Japanese. Plus I don't intend to!
are you sure you not missing a 0 there prince 14000 from 12000 thats only 2000 miles

They are stopping the pay as you drive scheme aren't they?

Sorry mate - I thought you had a Pug HDI (please tell me I'm not dreaming about that!) - the 40mpg made me think it must be a diesel on a spirited drive!

I did own a 206 2.0 HDi from errrr September 07 to June 08

But now I own a Fiesta Zetec-S

MPG Stats for both cars:

Peugeot Nice & Easy = 60-65 mpg
Peugeot Fast & Hard = 40-45 mpg

Fiesta Nice & Easy = 40-45 mpg
Fiesta Fast & Hard = 25-30 mpg

I did own a 206 2.0 HDi from errrr September 07 to June 08

But now I own a Fiesta Zetec-S

MPG Stats for both cars:

Peugeot Nice & Easy = 60-65 mpg
Peugeot Fast & Hard = 40-45 mpg

Fiesta Nice & Easy = 40-45 mpg
Fiesta Fast & Hard = 25-30 mpg

So its quite depressing to know that hammering the peugeot all day long will get me the same mpg as driving the fiesta like a saint!

mine hit the 77000, bought it with 54000. Will keep it as long as it runs. Over 100000 I might clean and polish the cylinder head :). My golf mk2 (1987) only has 75000, for the odd weekends only.

ok i admit it i knew i was close to that number so i did purposely drive a little out of my way so i could take a pic when i got home sad i know but i dont care :toung:

was on 62k when i bought it, 2yrs later it's on 67k.
i won't get rid of this one unless... not going to mock it, eh.

74k, not much really for its age, and i always go out of my way, totting up milage.

I often take the 'long way home' too. 74K is no problem at all. Keep the thing serviced and drive it sensibly when it's cold from start and you'll 200,000 plus miles. High mileages cars aren''t all shuddering scary things. I keep mine for ages. And servicing is cheaper than lease/loan payments.

its just over 18,000 and I bought it on just over 17,000.

only had It a bit more than a month lol.

but then again, I do commute on it and go down maidstone to have a chat with the people in a couple of bike shops and looking at new honda's cos Im bored heh. I REALLY want a Honda fireblade 900 thats for sale in one of the shops for 2.2k :/ will have to fork up another 700 after selling my bike.
but I would kill myself on one of those after a 125

loving the 160 miles for 15 quid with a full tank (about 170 with high RON fuel)

its just over 18,000 and I bought it on just over 17,000.

only had It a bit more than a month lol.

but then again, I do commute on it and go down maidstone to have a chat with the people in a couple of bike shops and looking at new honda's cos Im bored heh. I REALLY want a Honda fireblade 900 thats for sale in one of the shops for 2.2k :/ will have to fork up another 700 after selling my bike.
but I would kill myself on one of those after a 125

loving the 160 miles for 15 quid with a full tank (about 170 with high RON fuel)

Thats nothing. I've had the Focus since Feb with 50 odd miles on the clock when I got it. It's done over 5000 now.

Just over 126,000.

Mileage isn't an issue if you maintain the car properly. I still drives and feels as it did when it had 26,000 on the clock.

34000 on the clock, bought it at about 32k but my yearly mileage is only about 4k (i'm only back for a bout 4 weeks and easily notch up 1000miles a week).

Bought mine with 59k on the clock - now done 76k. Another guy round here also has a Passat W8 which has done 111k - although he's got a gearbox problem and a now-solved oil pickup problem.

I'm going to stick with my 5k mile oil changes! Shame it drinks 9.5 litres of 0W/30 Fully Synthetic :(

Bought mine with 59k on the clock - now done 76k. Another guy round here also has a Passat W8 which has done 111k - although he's got a gearbox problem and a now-solved oil pickup problem.
I'm going to stick with my 5k mile oil changes! Shame it drinks 9.5 litres of 0W/30 Fully Synthetic :(

Rob,

9.5 litres is what you might call over-engineering! Though if you are changing it every 5k have you considered using a good quality semi-synthetic?
The fully synthetic stuff isn't actually fully synthetic anyway and usually the only advantage over a good semi-syn is it will perform it's job at higher temps (200+c).
There's a lot of info on this kind of debate that is available on the net.

If you are changing regularly and using a good quality 10w40 or similar and doing an annual flush (with a good flushing oil) and regular filter changes there is only the feel good factor that is the difference between an expensive fully syn and any good semi-syn that is to API SL or better.

Last edited:
Rob,

9.5 litres is what you might call over-engineering! Though if you are changing it every 5k have you considered using a good quality semi-synthetic?
The fully synthetic stuff isn't actually fully synthetic anyway and usually the only advantage over a good semi-syn is it will perform it's job at higher temps (200+c).
There's a lot of info on this kind of debate that is available on the net.

If you are changing regularly and using a good quality 10w40 or similar and doing an annual flush (with a good flushing oil) and regular filter changes there is only the feel good factor that is the difference between an expensive fully syn and any good semi-syn that is to API SL or better.

Been there - done that, the cam adjusters threw a fit. Had to drain it. The W8 is the most sensative engine I have ever owned.

Likewise, the second the oil gets even slightly old - the cam adjusters can decide not to play ball. Anybody who's ever owned one of these for any length of time will know what im on about.