Whats with all the 4 door supercars

wizzer

Road Burner
Car
VW Golf 2.0 TDi
I keep reading about Aston Martin, Lamborghini and Porsche all planning to do 4 door saloons. :confused::confused::confused:

Do you think this will work. I think they are doing it cos people are going to get one car instead of run a sports car and a saloon.

Perhaps this means that the 4 door saloon makers will all start making sports cars. A 2 door GTR Sports car would do me very nicely thankyou.:lol:

I know, weird ain't it? It goes against the grain. I suppose If one firm does it, then the competitors customers start asking when yours is coming out. You just can't afford not to keep up.
Personnaly I agree It should be two seats a big engine, lightweight & stuff everyone else! :amuse:

Last edited:
Four door supercars include: BMW M5, Audi S8, VW Phaeton. AMG does some suitably quick Mercs. Bentley GT is pretty quick. 4 foor supercars are already here.

I never thought I'd see Ferrari, Aston or Porsche making 4 door cars. I guess they have to reach out to a wider market segment.

You should stick to what you are good at rather than being a jack of all trades. It will only upset BMW Audi and AMG who will start making a wide range of 2 door supercars.

Perhaps the supercar concept is floored now. With technology (case in point the GTR) you can make anything handle like it is on rails. Technology can also squeeze every last bit of power from the engine.

The 4 door Porsche was on Top Gear last night and they hated it the look of it... I think they said it looked like an Austin Maxi :lol:

Why would you make a car like that practical? defeats the object in my mind!

I've got to agree with you MsE! ;) What's wrong with the Ausin Maxi though?

Absolutely nothing - I used to have one, we only paid £60 for it and it was a fantastic car, it got so much abuse and just kept on going!

I just couldn't see myself buying something like an Aston and it having 4 doors... its not like I would ever let anyone else in it anyway :)