What's Up peeps ?

Alfonse capone

Car
Nissan 350z
Hi Guys what's up? Hmmm let me just straight to the point. I've just visit my family here in Malaysia for my winter vacation......Well it's good and great having sunny and warm here in Malaysia,love it yay!!!. I'd just found that my Uncle got an old 1994 Proton Wira 1.5GL and I am planning to upgrade and tuning for that car, I need some guide and help for do modification on that car.......I already do some modification for suspension and Brake and now I need help for engine tuning seems like this is my first time tuning this engine. The engine is 4G15 with carburetor 1.5 liter.
I'm planing to do major modification on that engine and I am planing to upgrade some of the stock parts for aftermarket parts.Here my list please leave a comment if you guys got any suggestion :

-Stock Clutch upgrade to 1.6 liter Exedy racing clutch
-Stock Flywheel upgrade to 8.5 inch lightweight flywheel
-Stock Cam pulley upgrade to adjustable cam pulley
-Stock Crank pulley upgrade to lightweight crank pulley
-Stock Camshaft upgrade to performance camshaft
-Stock Shifter upgrade to short shifter
-4*2*1 system
-Grounding wire

I let the Crankshaft,Valve,spring valve and piston in stock.
Feel free to leave any comment or suggestion for my planning modification and your help are appreciate,thank you.:amuse:

Last edited:
tcsmileysign.gif

Hi,nice to meet you all guys,dude? Did you read my previous post,well I need some suggestion or should I say HELP on that one LOL....I am not pretty sure that I hit the right modification tune or not. This is my first project on Proton car.....

LOL...That's car is an old car and I am decide to do modification tuning to get some performance boost I need ( Well you know the stock engine is freaking boring even my grandma complaint about it) Well I'm think with upgrading the clutch and flywheel can smooth the ride even a little bit stiffer ...... That car already had 17" Volk Racing wheel and it's pretty heavy though......hmmmm do you think I do the right way?

i would leave out the clutch and flywheel until they are needed ie the clutch slips.
fitting a light flywheel is going to reduce your smoothness when changing gear a s the revs will react more quicker.

ditching the heavy 17s and fitting the smallest wheels you can will also help

If I do modification in engine bay,do you think changing the cam pulley,camshaft and crankshaft it's okay with stock clutch and flywheel seems like I bet the horse power are a little bit increase ....and my point is to do sleeper car with modification tuning in small engine. Oh plus the budget is tight and to get a new 15" wheel is definitely out of budget LOL.....and the stock wheel is damn boring LOL.....

crankshaft isnt going to add power unless its changing the stroke and therefore the compression and to me thats a hell of a lot of work for a small engine unless your looking at turbocharging it

cams on a 1.5 lets say 10bhp .

im sure the stock clutch would be fine with that for a while as long as you dont ride it

and if your after a sleeper them am sure a scrappy will have some 14 or 15 steels for next to nowt

Thanks dude,hmmm I think I need calculate my budget LOL. I saw local tuner/race here. They doing pretty good job on that car,not sure what the hack they put on it but trust me if you guys see your will BAMM!!!!! .....I can't believe that granny old 1.5 4G15 can be that fast....seriously dude,back in U.S most tuner used big block engine and expensive aftermarket parts......and I never seen before American tuner tune a small granny car like Proton. I think I should ask them (Malaysian local tuner) but I didn't think I can.....to shy zzzzzz LMAO :) Oh NYC street not suit for street racer....too many cars HAHA!!!!!!!

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive mod list already in hand.

Tell us a bit about yourself and where you're from? What is the tuning scene like over there.

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

What's up waynne? Hmmm about me I'm from New York City,NY. I live in concrete jungle of Manhattan (Big Apple),but for now I'm in Malaysia for my winter vacation and probably I will stay in Malaysia for a while,meet a family from my dad side ( My dad are from Malaysia and my mom from United State )....well this is my opportunity to know all my family relative and enjoy the beautiful sun of Malaysia.....trust me the coral reef here is awesome dude,good spot to get a peace and calm for scuba diving.

Oh and yes I got big project on my uncle car seems like that car is pretty old and my uncle didn't mind to me get my hands dirty and try to do a modification on his car. I am planning to do modification tuning seems like I already saw the local tuner here do modification for Proton car. (wira) .....I'm really impress what they do to that car,just with simple humble tools,parts but with good knowledge can do something remarkable masterpiece. This is my first time saw a small engine car can do something amazing like that.

Oh most that cars is N/A non-turbo cars.And now I am a little bit juggling how to decide on my project and I wish I can get some tips or info from your all guys to help me out on my project.Thank you.

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back