Whats the furthest you have reversed?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
A Friend of mine was telling me he reversed over 14 miles to get home the other night because reverse was the only gear he could select! It was about 3:00 in the morning and he was desparate to get home so he reversed all the way. He was in the right lane for the direction he was travelling!

This must be a record! What is the furthest you have ever reversed? Will you reverse to give way to a nervous driver on a narrow lane?

Much to my dissmay Jo reversed round a roundabout once to avoid traffic.

I have reversed through McDonalds and KFC drivethrough's as my seat is on the wrong side.

14 miles thats bount to be getting on near a record best ive done is around 200 yards to get to a space in a car park that i drove right past thinking there would be a better one closer

i personally hate the sound of the idle gear whining away

About five yards - like PG I HATE the sound of that idle gear. It's far better to be an arrogant b45t4rd and make everyone else do the reversing.

That's 'cos I'm a t0t4l 455h0l3 of a driver and I know I'm always right.

So there

;)

That's pretty legendary to reverse 14 miles!!!

I agree! Thats impressive.

And I also agree with HDi Fun, my record is pretty short, I dont like the sound it makes if your reversing at say 10-15 mph, its just doesnt sound healthy! I reckon ive reversed 20-30 yards at most.