What size is best? wheels & tyres that is!

tarmac1

Car
ford ranger
Just bought C2 and want to fit smart alloys. Wheel spacers ok but definately no body mods. Car is metallic blue & want the car to look impressive. Son likes black wheels but not certain if it goes with the colour. Gift 4 sons birthday so can't ask too many leading questions.

Just bought C2 and want to fit smart alloys. Wheel spacers ok but definately no body mods. Car is metallic blue & want the car to look impressive. Son likes black wheels but not certain if it goes with the colour. Gift 4 sons birthday so can't ask too many leading questions.

I think 18's fit and they would look sick. I'd suggest 17's though and some lowered suspension. Black would look ok but Black wheels usually in the modding world is street racer style.

I would say some nice shiny chrome ones look best. Most of the Wolfrace range look goot and are of good build quality. Get some really low profile tyres though if you go with 17's. Do you know what size is on there at the moment?

stock steel 14" at the moment but looking at the BK range, BK299 look awesome but i dont know if the spokes stick out father than the rim for kerb damage would need to see some before i splash any cash !!!. Also like the BK 238, n both these have 205 / 40 tyre packages from topgear.co.uk dont know if anywhere else cheaper. Havent looked at Wolfrace will eyeball tonight!! Cheers.

see where youve local topgear is mate. mines is a small shop but i was shocked at how many wheels they had in there least you can see them in the flesh.

Nearest according to web page is Birmingham, approx 25 miles. Will pop down this weekend to view their stock, Thanks for the advice as i'm a bit of a sceptic buying things unseen on the strength of a digital photo!

on reason i was in, was they were the cheapest for my tyres. had a look through the back and was shocked at how much they had sitting out. least 50 sets not bad seeing it was more or less just a small garage

I like the look of the BK299. The centre does stick out bit but it looks like it is only the centre so on anything but a high kerb you should be ok. The Toyo Tyre upgrade is worth getting IMHO. You really want some nice grippy tyres.

What a bummer! Finally found some wheels that really take his eye to find that there aren't any in the country as chrome wheels, or so BK say, are not popular anymore!!! Perhaps if they stocked them then perhaps they would be. Will start my list again and be trawling through every web site tonight, will check out wolfrace as per your previous suggestion.

What a bummer! Finally found some wheels that really take his eye to find that there aren't any in the country as chrome wheels, or so BK say, are not popular anymore!!! Perhaps if they stocked them then perhaps they would be. Will start my list again and be trawling through every web site tonight, will check out wolfrace as per your previous suggestion.

Have you had a look on this site buddy. They usually have some pretty good deals.
http://www.wheelworx.net/

There is also this one but i've not really had a look myself but it may be worth a look for you buddy.
http://www.alloywheels.com/

Halfords have the BK299's on display. They are set back a bit so kerbing wil be minimal, I was looking at these but not enough dish for me. Check out the Axe spec wheels, there is a type similar to to the 299.

When changing from 14's to 17's or even 18's you should check the rolling circumference to ensure you stay within 2.5% of standard, so selecting the right wheel diameter and tyre size is crucial. That way you will minimise any errors or indeed clearance issues.

http://www.discovery2.co.uk/tyresize.html

Thankyou v.much re tyresize most web sites just tell you that they will fit your car. For some reason Halfords seem reluctant to sell me any 17" wheels as their "Wheel bible" tells them 15" maximum,

Wheelworx web site ok, all bk range available from main depot (Devon i think) talked today and all available from stock just don't do chrome. I thought it would really stand out against the blue bodywork, Checking axe wheels now.

Thankyou v.much re tyresize most web sites just tell you that they will fit your car. For some reason Halfords seem reluctant to sell me any 17" wheels as their "Wheel bible" tells them 15" maximum,

take no notice of anything a helfrauds employee tells you they are thick all thick as pig sh!t!!!!
citreon actually made the c2 to take bigger wheels cause it was what the young drivers wanted (saw it on top gear years ago)