What lies have you been told about a car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
So many people either lie when they are selling a car or they just make outragious stuff up to impress you.

What lies have you been told about your car?

I had a guy telling me how he put a Skyline engine in his 106! :lol: When I told him the engine bay would be too small he said it was mid mounted!

I also got sold a car with Full Service history which basically was the guy stapling reciepts to his service book for bottles of oil from Halfords! It certainly wasn't a good runner. Boy was I nieve in those days.

never always tell the truth when selling a car
any one what to buy my volvo c70 goes like a rocket but uses the petrol of a mini lol

never take to much notice when i buy it as well i have seen loads of cars so know whats what

I was once told by a chain of National car repair centres that the Primera was due for a cambelt change at 30,000 miles. Which is interesting, given that both cams are chain driven. I wonder what theyd've done if I booked it in?

i took my car in for a full service only to find out they had done nothing to it and was told my cat had gone and was going to cost me 3undred something pounds,luckily for me ive got a stainless which is guaranteed for life and the fitter has to replace, and my family are mechanics ,there was nothing wrong with it. i refused to pay them for just looking at my car and said i could of done that myself at home for nothing, that was uk auto care, dont ever use them there full of it and make up jobs that dont even need doing,they also told me my brake fluid had reached boiling point and needed changing only when i asked them for the read out they hadnt got one,what a suprise.

i like taking my car to a full service station just for a frame/body lube and getting told that i need an oil change and new brakes, even though i do both of those before i even take it in.