What is a Torque Car

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Ok then, thinking about the name of our site if "Torque Car" became a noun what would you define one as.

This is a rare chance to invent a new phrase!

Last edited:
So I guess we expect it to have loads of Torque!

I would say the minimum would be 350lbft of Torque to qualify? Or is that too low a figure?

Type R's are necessarily devoid of torque, it's just that it's delivered much much further up the rev range.

Power is a function of revs and torque, and please don't anyone mention 5252 - it's a unitless ratio and has nothing to do with actual engine rotational speed.

Ah but what about cars like civic type r that have no torque really but are still quick and great to drive?

Quick and great are all relative of course.

I agree civic Rs are nice cars but the topic is whats a torque car and that just aint a civic , great drive or not.

here in the states,especially trucks,4+4, Texas has more trucks than cars(no not really), and some of them are over 800hp and OVER 1000ft/lbs torque, and trying to overtake them,if they are trying, just may not happen.

we may not have autobahn, but we got some 85mph speed zones, and guys are some times crusing at 100mph, for steady 75-100miles.

I did say has to be over 500 for consideraton ...........

whilst not in madrods class the stagea finally got dynod last week max torque was 560 ft lbs and is very close to 550 from 4200-5500 rpm

as mentioned earlier; the Audi Q7 SUV V12 diesel ,factory makes 740ftbs, starting at 1900rpm!

and thats not chipped yet! chipped makes over 850ftlbs.

we can not buy them in USA ,DARN,darn.

question;can you buy the Q7 v12 in UK?

Well we have the Q7 here in the UK but I do not know what the engine size is. I will say this though, that car is enormous and takes up 1 & a 1/2 spaces in an NCP car park if you need to leave the car in a dignified manner :blink:

we can buy the Q7 with the small 3.0L diesel but not with the V12 6.0L twin turbo diesel!

reviews post MPG is hi 28-30 mpg, with 500hp! YIKES.