What inspires you in Car Tuning

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What sort of things inspire you in your car tuning projects?

Do supercars and exotic cars make you want something better and faster? Or would you prefer to get your car performing like the factory spec performance version of your car?

Perhaps there is another similar car to yours out there that has inspired you? Maybe a tuning house has produced a model that inspires you to modify your car.

Or is it just something you do for yourself without any inspiration or motivation at all?

with mods, i would prefer to lean towards performance, so to a degree my inspiration is what anyone else has done. on the basis i know that the mods work.

with styling mods, i don't like to follow the crowd, but i don't like to stand out, so i would stick to subtle but different mods.

Performance definitely, exterior looks for me I prefer the word "enhanced" as opposed to subtle. The idea for me is to create something totally unique! ;)

I wanna to make my car more fun to drive. That is handling, grip, steering sense and power.
I like OEM look, so if gona change that it must be for purpose of above mentioned parameters.
Kind a like that surprise factor when plain looking car grips and handle and accelerate and brake like no one would expect.
But, never enough money or knowledge to complete :lol:

I go after my imagination. I start tuning when I have an idea what I want, then I stop. Usually it works pretty well. I only wanted to install an intake manifold on my mustang, that's all I did.I want to build a whole interior on a car someday. I already know what I want it to look like, juyst haven't found the car it's going to go into.

Performance mostly though.

now i dont have the time to send on cars doing that sort of thing work longer hours now so the cars get less done on them

but engine wise i have never messed about always just bought faster cars
must be getting old now as i dont have 1 fast car lol
have a 1.6 astra i use all teh time plus my 2 play toys the disco and kitt
plus 2 i am selling lol

what sort of things inspire you in your car tuning projects?

Do supercars and exotic cars make you want something better and faster?
no i want something fast cos i want something fast

or would you prefer to get your car performing like the factory spec performance version of your car?

i want it to perform on a different level to factory spec thats why its modded

perhaps there is another similar car to yours out there that has inspired you? Maybe a tuning house has produced a model that inspires you to modify your car.
as t9 said i want it to be unique but not because someone else has done it

or is it just something you do for yourself without any inspiration or motivation at all?

spot on

I have been inspired by the simplest minivans. I see the automobile as a craft that must be perfected. I would even cringe at a small scratch on my bycicle. But yet, I find performance to be inspiring. I never understood why I like the art of 'being faster then dads corolla', but I just do.