What induces the RED MIST

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When you are driving what is most likely to cause you from suffering red mist? (red mist = a condition of anger when behind the wheel leading to faster, irratic or possible reckless driving?)

I get really wound up when people cut ahead, slowing me up in the process? I really don't mind if people want to overtake as long as I don't have to brake or swerve out of their way to let them do so.

I also get annoyed by people driving on my bumper dangerously close! I just can't help it but it really really winds me up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get most mad when I see bad driving and get cut up by some moron who thinks he is a race car driver.

I struggle with these kind of idiots as well.

The only time I really did consider getting 'involved' was when I stopped to yield right of way to an old lady trying to cross Buckingham High Street and an equally old man overtook me across the wrong side of a mini roundabout (and the wrong side of the central reservation).

He couldn't be bothered to wait and clearly had not looked at what was going on. He had not reasoned out why I had stopped where I did.

If I'd not have blocked the road he would have killed the pedestrian.

All of this was just about bearable but the horn blowing and gesticulations he made to me was too much.

I did manage to resist the inclination to drag him from the car. But it was very very tempting.

Redbull gives you mist! :bigsmile:

For me it's;
middle laners,
folks who cut me up on islands,
folks who slow down 19mph when the roads get a little damp or we have 1mm of snow,
folk who are too lazy to use their indicators,
morons who speed up when I go to over take them on the motorway,
people parking cars in stupid/ dangerous/ clearly prohibited places,
people who open doors when cars are going past, normally with a child in their arms! :blink:

I try and not let these get to me so much nowadays otherwise my blood pressure will never recover! :lol:

Ones that apparently want to overtake on the M'way and then hide in my blind spot and drop speed to match my own speed.

If you're going THEN GO!!!!

Otherwise fall back and make yourself visible.

people that think the space between me and the car in front is specificaly for them
and people who fail to indicate(as not all of us have a crystal bloody ball)

Come on - you shouldn't need to see indicators to anticipate what they're doing. You can work it out for yourself. Never trust an indicator anyway.