What do you think your car is worth

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What value would you put on your car in the following scenarios.

1) Current value in your opinion
2) What you think you would get for it if you sold it
3) Actual book price (use parkers.co.uk for a valuation with mileage adjustment)

Were you far out? Do you agree with the official price?

Here I go
1) £4500
2) £3500
3) £2700-£3000 :eek:

Ok So I was a bit surprised by this. As the car runs well and has no niggles I put a higher value in 1.

That's exactly my point. Flog it for what Parker's says you'll get and then you're in unknown territory buying another car from Parker's for that amount.

It's worth to me at the moment is priceless because I don't have the time or the money to replace it.

According to Parker's guide it's worth nothing and I reckon with the current economic climate I could get a maximum of £200 for it. Which is what I paid for it to be honest.

A previous Mk3 Fiesta I had got T-boned when someone tried to overtake me as I turned in (I'd checked my mirror, but he didn't pull around me until I started looking for my apex).

His insurance company decided that the dented wing and door made the crash an economic write off so they gave me £600 and I was allowed to keep the car.

It cost me £200 for a new wing and a second hand door to be fitted and colour matched.

So in effect someone paid me £400 to replace the rusty wing for me.

I was surprised.

I always look at the price for change, never what the book says. The current market trend tends to dictate the prices and how they are perceived. Price is immaterial to the seller as they have a hidden agenda, the buyer is the one holding the cards.

A good deal for the seller is finding the right buyer willing to pay the price required by the seller.

In my instance mine is probably worth between £1300-£2000 depending upon the right buyer, no idea on book price but to me it is priceless and I will never sell it.

honda prelude 93

book value =500 euro
what id likley to get if i sold it =1800 euro
what it cost me so far = 3900 euro
what it means to me = cant compare it to money

Couldnt find the exact model on Parkers (prob because i'm crap) but seems to be around gbp6600-7000 but mileage is much lower than their standard 50k.
my idea: would hope closer to gbp8k but not in this recessionary environment. If i sold it probably closer to 6k as loads of scoobys for sale at the moment esp with the great fuel economy that you get.

I would value my car at around £3000 max. Even thought I've spent over that modifying it. Don't forget that in the current financial climate our cars won't be valued so highly.

The shell? Absolutely **** all. If I sold it in bits I could make circa £6k easy.

As for the Mk2, probably about £1400. Low milage for its age, well looked after and very good nick.

well cant use a book for the yanks
the 79

the 87
1-2k

but all goes on what time of the year you sell it its worth more in the summer cos of the shows then in the winter

£4500
no idea what id try and well it for
worth £3800

parkers set at default settings 60k etc, mines has just over half that so worth prob slight more

not a bad guess suppose id try and get 4 for it if i was to sell it, also had alot of the optional extras

Have another look. My car is up about £200 from it's Official April price and apparently used car prices are set to go even higher.

I looked on autotrader for my car and the only one that was comparable that I could see was nearer £4000 a £1000 increase.

well since i posted last time i sold both of them ones
the 79 for 4k and the 87 for 1.5k

but my 2001 trans am i am not to sure what its worth as there is none for sale but normal price is about 12k
but then i have a few mods on mine so maybe 13-14k maybe a bit more in the summer once i know the bhp and what time it does down the pod

One on autotrader currently, with 3,500 miles on (compared to my 5030ish) for £17K - not too bad all things considered.