Wassssuuuppp!

hazzagrant

Wrench Pro
Car
ford fiesta st
Hi, just became registered on this forum as the articles i have been reading have been full of useful info, but then this forum have even more helpful stuff on problems its brilliant,
Ive got myself a fiesta ST, tempted to start doing it up as had it a few weeks now, but don't want to go too far that it reduces reliability etc, any suggestions would be wkd?

already have a k and n filter in the post coming, looking at exhausts, looked at piper, magnex and scorpian but not sure which to choose?
with budget side of things its more of a thing or when i have the money ill spend it etc, i got a few quid in the pocket at the moment though!

yeh have been looking around saw a few lsd's which look quite tempting as it would mean alot more power on the tarmac!! apprently quaife are quite renound.
Got the milltek exhaust coming in a few weeks as well, so that should speed it up a bit, also looked at bigger 60mm throttle body but not sure whther this would make a massive difference!
cheers for advice guys!!

welcome to TC mate.
take the engine block out, make the exhaust outgoing holes from the block bigger, and add completely other exhaust pipes from the engine to then end with larger diameter size.

yeh ill prob have to get more power b4 doing the lsd,
cor Charger69 thats a major mod lol or maybe not, ill check it out tho, doin that tho will i have to do anything else to make sure it runs ok i.e. ecu tuning, i persume a remap would sort everything out though.

Wow you guys really no your stuff dont you, this is a wkd forum!!!
cheers

For more power the first things you want to do are aftermarket induction kit, full exhaust including manifold and de-cat pipe. Fit some fast road cams lighten the flywheel and pulleys for better acceleration and then go and get a re-map.
If you still have change after that you could think about porting, polishing and gas flowing the head, knife edge crank etc etc but you would have spent a fortune by this time.

yeh ill prob have to get more power b4 doing the lsd,
cor Charger69 thats a major mod lol or maybe not, ill check it out tho, doin that tho will i have to do anything else to make sure it runs ok i.e. ecu tuning, i persume a remap would sort everything out though.

Wow you guys really no your stuff dont you, this is a wkd forum!!!
cheers

i've got knowledge only in some mechanic stuff.
no idea about electronics.

As far as I can gather, what Charger is referring too isn't technically correct. He's talking about porting, polishing, gas flowing and enlarging the valves in the HEAD (I think). Nothing to do with the block and you can remove the head without taking the rest of the engine out.

You're looking at a minimum of £800 for a proper job on a 16v head with before and after flow charts.

i'm going to sound ridiculous saying this, but the only way you learn is by finding out, what is porting, polishing and gas flowing?
does it make a massive difference or is it to generally keep the engine in gd nic???

As far as I can gather, what Charger is referring too isn't technically correct. He's talking about porting, polishing, gas flowing and enlarging the valves in the HEAD (I think). Nothing to do with the block and you can remove the head without taking the rest of the engine out.

You're looking at a minimum of £800 for a proper job on a 16v head with before and after flow charts.

yea, the valves that take the gases out, their holes should be bigger, and then add some large diameter, rostfrei (dunno how it'll be in english, non catching rust maybe) exhaust pipes, with a sport muffler to the end. it should give you 40 HP or something.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back