Vintage car resoration

Jag

Car
1985 XJ 12 Jaguar
This may test the best of you. I work with many and varied makes and models of vintage and classic cars from (currently 1931 Dodge roadster to a 1920 Bugati racer). One of the old cars I am working on is a 1913 Detroiter. I am looking for ANY information on this car. I have make a steering box and steering column for it. The column has to provide a hand throttle and advance and retard lever. There is no foot throttle. I have no parts to copy and have no pics or information. Can any one help????????:confused:

I cannot help you with this buddy but hopefully somebody on here will have the information that you seek.

I would just like to say that your job sounds fascinating, once you have reached 10 posts buddy, please feel free to post up some photos of your various projects for our members to have a look at :)

Beats me too.

I find it fascinating having to manually adjust the timing. I guess motoring really was hands-on back then.

Although I once had to drive an ancient Honda Civic with a piece of string through the window attached to the throttle lever cos the cable had broke. And I've macguyvered contact breaker points with an elastic band. (There's a term for our American members. (;-> )

Kids these days dont know the half of it with modern cars.

I'd be interested in what you do find out.

Beats me too.

I find it fascinating having to manually adjust the timing. I guess motoring really was hands-on back then.

Although I once had to drive an ancient Honda Civic with a piece of string through the window attached to the throttle lever cos the cable had broke. And I've macguyvered contact breaker points with an elastic band. (There's a term for our American members. (;-> )

Kids these days dont know the half of it with modern cars.

I'd be interested in what you do find out.
Hi. A little bit of information about the old Detroiter I am working on is in a you tube video submitted by "old git". The video shows the hand throttle arrangement in the centre of the steering wheel. This is just the sort of thing I am looking for. I will be able to make this from the pictures in the video. The Idea of the advance and retard is to make it easier to start the engine. If you retard the timing it will make it easier to crank by hand (no starter motor). Once it is running you can begin to advance the timing to improve performance and economy.