Very interesting. BHP in a bottle....NOT

Its not surprising really. I've never really trusted these products at all. -2% power in that engine, I think a turbo engine would probably see a minor increase but you might as well just put in super unleaded for a better result than boosting low octane fuel.

Back in the day, a chap I knew used an octane booster from Moroso which was supposed to increase the performance dramatically. He had the car, a Granada 3.0 V6 for a month or so before something went bang :sad2:

Isn't this stuff just like adding acetone to your fuel? I don't think it was a fair trial using just one engine but I'd be very surprised if more than 15% of cars produced more power using an octane booster.

to expect more power is rather ambitious but for some tuirbo engines tuned to run on 99 octane some additives ( not any of the ones featured) do work in as much as using them can decrease the chance of det.

I have been reccomended one specific make by a few of the top skyline tuners when running high boost and 99 instaed of racing fuel. But only for track or drag strip and only to help with avoiding det .

Burt not to go quicker.

Any plans on trying this recommended booster out for yourself sleeper? If so, I would love to hear your feedback on it if you don't mind ;)

to expect more power is rather ambitious but for some tuirbo engines tuned to run on 99 octane some additives ( not any of the ones featured) do work in as much as using them can decrease the chance of det.

I have been reccomended one specific make by a few of the top skyline tuners when running high boost and 99 instaed of racing fuel. But only for track or drag strip and only to help with avoiding det .

Burt not to go quicker.

If you have to avoid det by running slightly richer or less advance, then reducing det problems will allow you to produce more power, in a roundabout way, and so go quicker :)

its usualy a few pence cheaper than the jet station on the a61 for regular fuel and they always seem to be the next cheapest but they dont do super unleaded there so dont use it now so if its not too far out of your way its well worth a visit

For 20 odd pence a litre cheaper it would be worth me going to fill up.
I'll have to check the one in Heanor as well as that's not far either.

Of course it depend where you live but Tescos momentum is always cheaper than V power around my way

When my car was mapped tescos 99 was used (now momentum) so i use it all rthe time .

Re the additive and

If you have to avoid det by running slightly richer or less advance, then reducing det problems will allow you to produce more power, in a roundabout way, and so go quicker

Of course that is true but
It was only suggested for me when i was going to do a top speed run at marham
where a seriously tuned GTR made 218mph in the wet.
There is a 1.7 mile straight 60 yards wide which you can approach at around 70mph. This meant I would have been on max boost in top gear for a very long time which is something I might do maybe once a year so rather than a complete map specifically for the run the additive was suggested to be super safe.

nah think shells the only ones who make super diesel and i cant say i really notice a difference running it.

bloody hell i filled up at tesco this morning 147 for oil and it was 146 when i passed shell on the motorway

nah think shells the only ones who make super diesel and i cant say i really notice a difference running it.

bloody hell i filled up at tesco this morning 147 for oil and it was 146 when i passed shell on the motorway

£152.9 for Shell V in East London this morning :sad2: