vectra b conversion 2.5 to 3.0

graffieboy

Car
Vectra b 3.0
Hello from Bridgetown, Barbados.

I am new to this forum and still to learn about the ins and out of posting so be patient with me.

perhaps somebody out there can help me with this query: I am currently running a X30XE engine on the AF22 Aisin Warner automatic transmission, but it is beginning to slip.
Can the AF22 transmission be replaced with the newer AF33. If not what would you guys suggest. Nb. I do not want to go manual.

Thanks guys

graffieboy

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

The problem may be nothing more than a low fluid level or very old fluid in the automatic gearbox. Before you go ripping out gearboxes and replacing them, I would flush the gearbox out first with some fresh oil and then top it up to the appropriate level first then see how it performs. You may also have a filter for the auto oil so it would be good to make sure that this is clean with no sediments on it or replace it if it cannot be cleaned properly.

Aye. It does work wonders. These Aisin boxes were used across the board for GM and labelled as "fill for life" but it's becoming clear that they really do need fluid changes.

As to af22 to af33. Isn't the 22 4 speed and the 33 5 speed?

It'd be down to wether they were both originally put in a Vec B, which I don't know the answer to I'm afraid.

Thanks guys for your immediate responses to my slipping transmission query.

I have tried the transmission flush with slight improvement.
I am currently awaiting the delivery of some Lucas Transmission fix as a last resort before I take the Veccy to the mechanic.

Thanks Yugguy, The AF33 is fitted to some of the newer Vectra c with the Z32 se engines. I was
wondering if the AF33 box carries the same bell housing|Bolt holes as the AF22, making it a direct swap along with AF33 computer.

Question: can the torque converter be upgraded?

Thanks for all the responses.

graffieboy.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back