V6 Galant

jc denton

Track Warrior
Car
MR2
Well, I gave up on the Celica & sold it. Now I've got a 52 plate V6 Galant for work. 1st off: I'd like to point out that although its a 2.5 litre v6, it only puts out something like 158BHP.

2nd: Its softer then ever on the suspension.

3rd: You could almost fall asleep listening to that silky-smooth v6....its music!!!!

4th: I'd greatly appretiate any tips or advice on making it faster....

PS: Its going to be for sale in august, so for anyone who want's it.... I'll be uploadiung pictures shortly...

It is never the less gallant turbo! but better to have 2.4-liter turbo with intercooler, which improves gas consumption.

If getting shot of in August just leave it stock, not worth spending the money on it imo. If you must then it'll need an exhaust, induction kit and possibly decat for starters, but is it worth spending several hundred £s? Your call.

Sounds like a fun project. If you want to do something then whip off the head and have a go at porting and polishing the head. Don't go too mad and you'll end up with a nice torquey engine.

I have to agree with Stamford though. If it's only a short term buy then spend as little as possible on it and his mods cover the simple basics if you must mod it.

Also it has 3 CAT's, thats a bit over the top isn't it? Shourly if I replace the cats on each side of the engine with 3 into 1 manifolds & keep the big one underneith, it'll still pass the emissions test. Wont it?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back