Un-even coilovers??? vw bora

MrMerce

Car
Bora V5
Hi people im very new to this, so i might have missed anything already said about the subject? I have just installed JOM blueline coilovers to my 2000 Bora v5 ( WHAT A NIGHTMARE! ) lol the fronts look awsome and more than low enuff for me, the problem is the rear's? The drivers side rear is fine but the passenger side is horrible! its 50mm higher than the right with the adjuster wound all the way down.While the left is only half way???ive looked all over the net and seen very little apart from the springs may be different? Any help would be great,hope i didnt bore anyone to death with the long rant! Many thanks

If the adjusters are set to the same length and the car sat level prior to fitting the new setup (are you sure this is so?) the only difference is the springs (dampers won't affect ride height). Swap then round to see if the lower side changes over. If it does then it is a spring problem. If it doesn't then something else (no idea what) is wrong.

Last edited:
It was on a bit of a tilt for a while on my drive before?But im shure it was level when i installed them. Oh by the way i meant the rear right is half way and the left is all the way down. I have raised the adjuster all the way up and down but it doesnt make a difference? Yeh im going to swap the springs over again and put it on a bit slower this time.lol Its just really winding me up trying to suss out what it could be? Cherz for that OG and nice one pgarner. Hopefully it gets sorted sunday when i can have another go. Cherz again.

I have raised the adjuster all the way up and down but it doesnt make a difference?

If adjusting them doesn't make any difference, what is the point of fitting them? :)

However, I can't see how they don't alter ride height when adjusted.

I have raised the adjuster all the way up and down but it doesnt make a difference?

If adjusting them doesn't make any difference, what is the point of fitting them? :)

However, I can't see how they don't alter ride height when adjusted.

lol i was starting think that. well i have wound it all the way up, then all the way down and its still atleast 50mm higher than the driver rear every time? Im starting to wonder if something is bent? I cant really tell by eye but its just to big of a difference. ..its got to be a different spring.Car looks proppa wrong at the min tho! lol Cherz again Og

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back