Ultra Low Emissions Proposals

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Not interested in this in the slightest, this would mean my having to buy another car to drive into the Congestion Charging zone (Equipment carried rules out travel on public transport) because my own chariot would no doubt fail the required emission levels.
What is actually green about my having to go out and buy a 2nd vehicle when my own car ticks all the right boxes for me, there will no doubt be a choice available of Lego looking toy boxes on four wheels for me to buy; just for the privilege of being able to continue working in the Capital?

https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/environment/ultra-low-emission-zone

One day the only thing you'll be able to drive into London is a bicycle and you'll pay a fee for the privilege!

I'm sure the beast would prefer to be running on gas than being replaced by some crappy little box car! ;)

Ultra Low Emissions Vehicles still congest the roads so what makes them exempt from congestion charging??

I think the congestion charge was implimented to reduce pollution as well as congestion, so exempting low emission cars was a way of encouraging their use, thereby improving air quality.

I think the congestion charge was implimented to reduce pollution as well as congestion, so exempting low emission cars was a way of encouraging their use, thereby improving air quality.

Depends entirely how the ULEV is driven surely. Added to which the ULEV has to be made in a factory, which in itself creates pollution so I am not sure that this is entirely fair.