Turtle wax problem!!

Lee_PC007

Hey everyone a few months back I turtled waxed my car was well pleased with it. I have a black SXi corsa 51 plate. This is my first car and me being slightly inexperienced allowed the tutle wax to go on my bumpers and plastic trims. I wiped it off at the end and thought nothing of it. However the marks are coming back all the time and I have the odd white patch in places, its not massively obvious but its annoying. We have tried blasting it off with a high power jet wash and scratching it with a nail brush but it just keeps coming back! Anyone got any tips on getting rid of it for good or have I ruined it! :(

you could try using some back to black stuff for your bumpers and trims to go over the stains, you can buy it at halfords and its fairly cheap i use it on my bumpers if they start to fade or to get rid of stains.... just make sure you dont get any on your paintwork!!!!

Last edited:
A pencil rubber does a pretty good job at removing this. The back to black stuff is also a good tip - thanks Petrol Head.

lol thats alrite wayne .... uno u can use penut butter aswell,( make sure its the smooth type thou other wise u could end up in a bad mess! lol) will make your bumpers come up lovely, its cheaper than off the shelf products lasts longer aswell! and your bumpers will go nicey in sandwiches as well! lol :toung::lol:

Plus the local cats will start licking the paint and you wont have to worry about cleaning it for quite a while! :lol:

Good tip - I might try that out.

try using some tyre dressing spray the stuff too make your tyres have the wet look that works a treat. just make sure it is one that is silicone based i us the auto glym one :rolleyes:

lol thats alrite wayne .... uno u can use penut butter aswell,( make sure its the smooth type thou other wise u could end up in a bad mess! lol) will make your bumpers come up lovely, its cheaper than off the shelf products lasts longer aswell! and your bumpers will go nicey in sandwiches as well! lol :toung::lol:

lol, tried that b4, attracts wasps though :(

try baby wipes then go over with back to black :)

not ever had any wasps due to it myself, back to black is no good as it is water based

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back