torque/bhp

nailz306

Wrench Pro
Car
2.0 hdi turbo 306
Hello there peeps I have a 306 2.0 hdi turbo, what mods can I do to my engine to increase the bhp and torque???? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah sweet defo doin that just gota wait till i get payed!! bummer ive been looking at water injection pumps are they anygood?

Couldn't say to be honest, I've not heard of water injection in a diesel, I thought it was used in high compression petrol engines to prevent detonation.

IF your car is the 90bhp model then an intercooler will really help. Do this before a remap and you should get upwards of 150bhp with approaching 250lbft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Water injection is aimed at very very high compression petrol engines.

No point whatsoever with a diesel as it's only air that's compressed in the cylinders. If you add water you will cool it down. Which means it won't fire up the fuel quite as readily. Which means less power. That's why we're all saying no.

k sound to be honest i dont know what im doin so ive been lookin for anything that will help me get more speed! but ive been looking at the wrong things hahhahah thanks for the help im sure ill learn the engine buisness one day getin it remapped 15th sep! till then im gona just strip the inside out
icon_lol.gif

Actually wrong, water injection does a lot for a diesel engine, egt's are lower, you can run more injection advance and it will keep the engine clear of carbon built up,

I've seen very good gains on water injection on these engines, but for best results, use just water and get a propane kit, rather than using water and meths,

Water injection will increase power on a diesel due to the steam effect that it creates and it lowers incoming air temps as for lowering combustion temps well I guess it will do but not enough for the diesel to burn less due to the fact of the steam effect which will negate the lower burn temps

I'll be getting water injection for my 306 dt when I have the money, it's a well worth mod but like the have rightly said get an intercooler as well, also the clutch will need replacing with a better one if you go down that route, CG motorsport and helix do the plates that will fit, I just can't remember what size they are, and you may find as well that there will be a lot more torque steer, there are LSD available for the HDi 306 to cure this problem at great expense,

check out DevilsOwn

Last edited:
nice one for that mate i fort it would my mates got a fabia vrs with 220 brake n 400 torque he was telin me bout the kits! i have an intercooler on my pug the previous owner rigged the whole car up its got an impreza one on it haha im just searchin for an erg replacement kit n i need some new boost pipes at the mo dont have the wedge for a remap yet been finkin of changin all the gaskets n cam belt just so i know its runin good!! ill check that site out look for the clutch plates as i want to do a proper job
http://www.torquecars.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif
cheers again for that

You don't need an egr replacement kit mate, you can disconnect them on the HDI as well without it throwing a fault code up, (only on the early HDI engines) I'm not sure where the connectors are though,

clutches, just go for ethier a genuine valeo clutch from a pug dealers or a Helix organic clutch plate,

water meths kits are good but you will find very little gains on your car with from an intercooler (as in if you were running them both together), you need to be running stupid boost before it will be any good and the standard gt15 doesn't really warrant it, you can get bigger turbos but the injectors aren't up for the job really and uprated ones for that engine are few a far between

Indeed it does, infect it's better than petrol (in a way), but I would go for propane/lpg over Nitrous Oxide any day, cheaper and bigger power gains can be had, not to mention you can run in all the time along with the diesel

Well lpg mixed with diesel offers loads of benefits that far out way the cost,

1) Extra performance on offer, and I do mean loads.... big power and torque gains, especially with other mods
2) Better fuel economy, when you're not driving like you hair's on fire then you can enjoy the savings it has to offer,
3)Cheap fuel!, LPG is cheap compared to diesel or petrol
4) Cleaner burn and lower emissions, this brings me back to number 1 as well, LPG acts a catalyst in the cylinder, aiding the burn of diesel, therefore you will have virtually no black smoke because the diesel as been burnt and made into power/torque rather than the usual James Bond style smoke screen
5) Quieter, smoother engine, what's not to like?

Bad points,

1)A good system is costly (around £1000 fitted I'd say)
2)and if it's not been tuned/set up correctly you could cause massive engine damage
3)ok this one is more me being picky because I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached to my body,
remembering you have to fill up twice, with diesel and LPG
4) EGT, Need to watch it while running on LPG

I think I have covered the basics, if I have missed something or have got something wrong, please feel free to keep it to yourself.........................

Nah, just kidding, please fill me in where I went wrong...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back