Topgear show 14th October

The guys had a competition to create a drivable vehicle that could also travel on water (with the aim of travelling from dover to france!!!), clarkson had a pick-up with an outboard motor on the back, james may had a classic style car (sorry don't know the make or model) and hamilton had what basically looked like a boat with wheels, was hilarious when they hit the water, james may's ride was total dire and didn't really do anything and the other 2 just chugged about the harbour for a bit, the fun started when the mainline black cat hovercraft came in... then hamilton's steering got naffed and it was just clarkson's pick-up left, they all boarded with clarkson and amazingly enough they actually made it to France!.

Jules holland was the start in the reasonably priced car... came about half way up the table.

I was actually reading the articles on site at the time so missed some of it though :eek:

waynne said:
They did the "get the cars to float down a river challenge" before - was it the same cars?

Yes and no. The Triumph was, but Clarkson had a Toyota last time. I think Hammond's was different as well.

hamsters was very much the same as last time, JC's was pickup again but different make and Mays was the same. It was the same challenge but this time they had to set of at Dover and see if they could reach france. Mays sank, they saved it then it pretty much sank again lol. Hamsters was working but ended up taking water on board and er sinking. Ended up all of them on JC's car/boat trying to get to france. It was going excellent till near the end, they started taking on water, had hamster and may trying to get rid of the water. They reached shore and struck rocks lol but they some how managed to get of the rocks and onto the beach so yer JC's motor made it!! Ive kind of forgot the rest as the boat thing was so funny.