Time to say hello

dogbum

Car
Signum 2.0T
Hi guys, I have been hanging around for quite a while, some as guest and some as a member. For some reason I never to around to doing an intro, but better late than never..

I am currently tuning a Vauxhall Signum, its basically a Vectra C, it sits on the estate chassis. Being a GM car is shares many components with other GM cars. The Vectra C runs with the Saab 9-3 and mine has the 2.0T engine called a Z20NET in a Vectra and a B207R in a Saab. I have the Saab Aero version as I have been using a Swedish tuning house to date and used their Aero tuning path.

Its currently pulling around 280bhp but I have a list of components I am buying up to give it another 100bhp... Once i get it there I will have to leave it at that as its also my daily driver so I need to maintain reliability.

IMG-20111030-00005.jpg

IMG-20111030-00006.jpg

Hey & welcome to the forum Dogbum!

Your post went in to the mod queue because you included pictures in it. New members are not permitted to post images or links until they have contributed at least 10 post, this is just a measure to deter spammers, but because I'm such a star (ahem) I've let them through this time. :amuse:

Enjoy your time on TC! :D

Last edited:
Hey & welcome to the forum Dogbum!

You post went in to the mod queue because you included pictures in it. New members are not permitted to post images or links until they have contributed at least 10 post, this is just a measure to deter spammers, but becuase I'm such a star (ahem) I've let them through this time. :amuse:

Enjoy your time on TC! :D

Let one through, and they will all be doing it next lol

Hello and welcome. What have you planned for your motor. An extra 100bhp, where you hoping to get that from?

thanks for the welcome guys and letting me pics through Loz.

Well finding another 100bhp is the goal, easier said than done though.. reading and talking on this forum will hopefully find some of them for me as you know they get harder and more expensive to find the higher you go..

I will not be doing anything until the spring though due to cash flow, but a 19T turbo, balancer shaft deletion and water meth injection will be the first items on the list. Another remap and setting up of the Eboost controller i have just plumbed in. After that I will be looking around for any tips and tricks that i can pick up to get the rest.

it already has 630cc injectors, 255lph fuel pump, 3inch DP, 100cip cat and 16T turbo with a Maptun map.

Its a learning curve as I am not in the industry and just do what i can myself from reading. So i am always listening and interested in any new (to me) ideas... So long as it maintains its guise as a family car and my economy on day to day driving does not suffer.

I don't know your car layout too well, but sometimes airflow is more important then slapping on a larger turbo. If you increase the turbo housing, and the exit piping (elbow off the turbo and connecting pipes to the exhaust) along with a D cat, and an induction kit, with the right map, this can produce shocking increases (without spending big bucks) of bhp. What psi does the turbo run at? I know someone with a VXR running 16psi. Is yours close to that. The boost control gauge you said you have bought will be able to tell you.

at the moment i safely pull 1.6bar or 23psi at the moment... i already upset standard vxr lads with this car, remapped lads still beat me of course..

i have a pipercross panel filter with a modified airbox, i used to have a Ramair enclosed cone with cold air feed but it was not as effective believe it or not.

I will be using a different remapper next time round though but have yet to select one

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you, we do appreciate our many many lurkers but it's nice knowing who you are and what you're up to car wise.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back