The stupidest car chase I have ever seen

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
I have just sat through the stupidest car chase in the history of the world.

Two cars managed to pull a huge bank vault out of a wall and through the streets being chased by dozens of police who could only just keep up. The vault cut through buildings as if through butter hardly slowing it down. The cars took sharp turns without this huge safe affecting their direction.

Then one of the cars unhooks so only one left to pull it. When he tries his rear tyres spin, unsurprisingly (the only realistic action in the whole chase), so the driver switches on the nitrous which somehow increases the traction enough for the car to pull the safe as fast as two cars.

I am now going to have to stay up for another hour in order to get my wasted time back :)

Oh - you've totally spoilt it for me now! ;)

I think you must have been expecting a plot! This movie is all about the cars. Even the cars are better actors than the actors.

Didn't watch it from the start, just stumbled on to it.

I think they are having a game with the viewers, seeing just how gullible they are and what they, the script writers, can get away with.

I forgot to mention the 4 police car drag race where they kept overtaking each other but ended up crossing the line almost 4 abreast :)

Away from the cars, the two alpha males have a right old bundle, crashing through walls, hitting and kicking the s**t out of each other. Next scene there is hardly a scratch to be seen.

Absolute insult to the intellegence of anyone with half a brain. Geez, what utter rubbish.

IMO :)

Didn't watch it from the start, just stumbled on to it.

I think they are having a game with the viewers, seeing just how gullible they are and what they, the script writers, can get away with.

I forgot to mention the 4 police car drag race where they kept overtaking each other but ended up crossing the line almost 4 abreast :)

Away from the cars, the two alpha males have a right old bundle, crashing through walls, hitting and kicking the s**t out of each other. Next scene there is hardly a scratch to be seen.

Absolute insult to the intellegence of anyone with half a brain. Geez, what utter rubbish.

IMO :)
Thats the point of these films mind numbing entertainment where you just sit there and don't have to think. Try watching cloud atlas at 3 in the morning if you want to think and test your concentration skills I was cabbaged by the end:lol:

:lol: I'll have to check that one out now herb ;)

Mate it's far from a recommendation the film just makes no sense! Your just constantly thinking what's happening, what's the links between each person when is it going to get good and then at the end to be disappointedI but so glad it's over!
A terrible film imo but it definitely gets you thinking!

i saw this yesterday on the tv as well . same thoughts
complete and utter fantasy.

my favourite bit was when the safe that must have weighed more than the car was pulled through a building which collapsed and the car carried on pulling it without any apparent difficulty.

Must have used the nitrous at that point. Nitrous solves all power problems.

Those cables must be made of some very special steel.

to clarify

I know it is only a film but a decent safe 70cmx70cmx 110 cm weighs over a ton.

So a top of the range one would be around 20 times the size ( by volume) would weigh.................

far to much to move let alone expertly drift at 60+mph

Last edited:
You guys are totally missing the point! The safe was clearly on wheels, a cushion of air or had a super shiny base. The wire must have been made from cheese wire and the buildings were all experimental and made of cheese so they can withstand an earthquake.

The cars have super sticky tyres made from a gecko feet nano compound.

The safe was also made of cheese!

You spoil these films by making all those silly assumptions that safes are heavy and the cars are normal cars!

Silly us, you are right Waynne and I apologise. I will not complain again, at least until the next time.

same here I realise now I should have noticed that the safe was made of cheese . A real schoolboy error.

Must have been very hard cheese though

I have just sat through the stupidest car chase in the history of the world.

Two cars managed to pull a huge bank vault out of a wall and through the streets being chased by dozens of police who could only just keep up. The vault cut through buildings as if through butter hardly slowing it down. The cars took sharp turns without this huge safe affecting their direction.

Then one of the cars unhooks so only one left to pull it. When he tries his rear tyres spin, unsurprisingly (the only realistic action in the whole chase), so the driver switches on the nitrous which somehow increases the traction enough for the car to pull the safe as fast as two cars.

I am now going to have to stay up for another hour in order to get my wasted time back :)

fast 5.

ironiclly the 1st movie was awesome, showing garage tuners car and their dark side, but lately it became all fantasy and #!#!#!#!. the last ones remind on XXX and a man apart