Well i now have bought myself a bargin! I have a Xsara 2.0 Vts! for £650

Already go stuck in to it

31518_394442729631_629279631_4369122_3042265_n.jpg

31518_394675799631_629279631_4376266_551632_n.jpg

31518_394675814631_629279631_4376267_7657881_n.jpg

Free K&N From A Friend

31518_394675829631_629279631_4376268_1340960_n.jpg

31518_394675834631_629279631_4376269_5023611_n.jpg

Stripped evrything out bar dash so it can be flocked/ painted red and black colour scheme, also i know the colour is horrible so i will be doing some prep work smoothing it all down and priming it then getting it done

this is a project with a friend so the costs will split, however i will still be the owner/ driver

Last edited:
well im gonna get it resprayed, im tinkin st red or rs green! but im gonna photoshop some ideas, get everthing flocked in suede, probably colour coded interior, rota wheels, use all the bodykit and bonnet headlights from the vtr on this, then a reinforced head gasket with bolts, fast roadcams, black red and chrome engine bay, oil cooler, suspension, brake upgrades, lightend and balanced flywheel, and other bits including an ice install

the ultimate aim is to get a supercharger or turbo (leaning more to turbo) bigger injectors, bored out to 2.2, this is offroad atm till i can afford insurance also while im doing it up, its going to be a fast road car/showcar, plus a daily driver, (no rear seats, got the girlfriends car for that :p)

well i couldnt wait to get it on the road, but then 3 weeks later the radiator blew a leak, a noticed the temp go sky high on the way to work which is a good 30mins away, so i pulled into garage and filled up with water, only to see it leaking over the floor, i did manage to drive it to work where i fitted a new radiator but unfortunatly the damage was done and off came the head, its bilt back together but the timing marks dont line up properly so when turning over by hand it locks up, then i tuck rocker cover off and the exhaust cam was opening the valve on cylinder one! so now im struggling like mad to time it up by finding tdc and getting the cams to rest as they should

if anybody has any ideas on the cam lobe positions i would be grateful, i was told that the lobes on the gearbox side should be pointing inwards.
Fortunatley the boss is gonna try and get a engine in we can see the positions and use the DTI gauge to set mine up, alot of ballache just ecause i didnt check timing marks beforehand! LESSON LEARNT :D

Indeed, nice bargin even if it's going to be some work,

I know a fair amount about the 306 and this car is pretty much the same,
for a start, the VTS is a GTI6, but yours has some things different, like the steering rack is a quicker rack (2.5 turns to lock rather than the stupidly slow 3.2 or something like that you find in the pug) it has slightly thicker rear torsion bars (21mm instead of 20mm) and you have a 5 speed box instead of the 6 speed in the gti6, the engine is exactally the same, same power, I recognise the intake, best thing you can do is get the 6 speed BE3/6 gearbox in there to make use of the engine more, especially if you intend to leave it stripped,

Look up lynx power engineering, they do a supercharger kit for the gti6 engine (same as yours) in ether 250 or 400 hp variants, the 250 can be used on standard internals at standard compression, and the best thing of all you can use the standard ecu, no other wiring is required but you will need it mapped, they can supply an generic map for it if you choose to fit it yourself but as with all things like this I would get a proper live map on it to make sure it's fueling properly and it's setup correctly,

suspension bushes are poo on those so uprated ones are a must for the spirited driver,
powerflex do some but the best place to get uprated bushes is spoox motorsport,

hope this helps,

ps supercharging on this engine suit's it more so than turbo charging, however if you want a turbo xsara then you need to talk to DP engineering in holland,

the lynx kit is what my mate has on his 408 bhp gti6 that came to le mans with us. Very good bit of kit and well worth it. Supercar chaser!

Yes apparently it was still a right laugh with 250bhp and stripped out. I've only known it post-rebuild. Couldn't see the pics on my phone at work but the project looks to be going the right way, nice one!

I've seen a couple of 205 gti's (stripped out track cars)with the gti6 engine in a lynx 250 supercharger kit on them and they go like....well like "something" off a shovel... xD

thanks for that, ie seen the kit on dp engineering and thats alot of £££, ive been looking at making my own turbo kit, running it on low boost till i can get some drop forge pistons fro cituning, stronger head bolts and thicker head gasket, im stil gonna look into a supercharger, i just wanted to have a BOV :laugh: :D

was gonna try ad get the turbo off the xantia 2.0 turbo and then just get an intercooler with all the pipes off ebay

I think the turbo will be too small though, I'd get yourself a GT25 at least to get a decent amount of blow,

Intercoolers can be had cheap so shop around, I got an EVO 6 fmic to go on my car and i got that for £60 and has a capacity of about 300hp, more than I need really but bigger is better

I do know that, obviously with turbos bigger isn't always better, Intercoolers not so much, there is a point where any bigger is pointless but too big isn't going to create problems, it's just pointless,

well im mangaged to get it running, it turns out the crank pulley had slipped round hence the timing was wrong, the only problem is now i may have bent a few valves :( which mean head off AGAIN!!!! i read up here http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=94227&hl=valves that you need to time the cams up before putting the head on, HOW STUPID!!! so now i need to see how many valves i bent :( since it wont idle

my goal is to acheive i good 250-270 bhp good for track and also maintain a show car look, so i will be mainly concentrating on my interior when the car is back on the road since 170bhp in enough to keep going for now, then iom goin to uprate the suspenion and bushes, then concentrate on making my turbo conversion, i can get a set of forged pistons from cituning and a full ported and polished head, these will be the first parts for the engine, then road cams and then turbo

Standard internals will be goo enough for that kind of power, a decompression plate will be enough, (8.8:1 CR will be needed and that's good for over 400 hp)

port and polish isn't needed on that head as it is very good standard,

if your head taps when it idles then the valves are bent this is due to the fact that the cam belt change intervals were way too long and the chances are they cambelt snapped on your engine (common thing on those engines)

don't waste your money on unnecessary parts, these engines are very strong (as long as they have been maintained properly) just ask DP engineering