The MG ZR

Hey folks,

So as some of you know, the old trusty died a horrible death by choking on its own internals.

It's replacement is this! A 2005 MG ZR 105 trophy +. Handles superbly, has a pretty quick 2nd gear and is overall tons of fun! FSH, 33,000 miles and one lady owner from new.

A picture after a proper clean!

IMG_20121228_150631.jpg

Sorry about the brother, bit of an eye sore... :lol:

Couple outside the missus's house.

IMG_20121224_124721.jpg

IMG_20121224_124731.jpg

IMG_20121224_124822.jpg

IMG_20121224_124747.jpg

Wheels have a little kerbing

Future plans include a turbo conversion, either a ZT-T 1.8 or a T16. Needs some lowering badly and a favorite in the MGZR community seems to be Avo lowering springs. Hopefully to entice me over until conversion day, it will get either TF135 Cams, vernier pullies and a remap with a full stainless exhaust system. That should tide me over....

So that's all for now!

Last edited:
Update!

I have my MOT on Saturday so I thought I'd tidy some things up.

Started with the exhaust.

Bought this:

Then got bored waiting until the weekend came to fit it, so I did it in the dark, on my own! :(

Old Exhaust vs New Exhaust:

Looking at it, it's a complete fail, my old one.

Now I have fitted it. Need a new exhaust mount though as I had to improvise using a sailing U-clamp. :lol:

Forgot to ask Dave, what is the finish on the engine cover centre panel? It looks like some sort of camouflage paint :blink:

Forgot to ask Dave, what is the finish on the engine cover centre panel? It looks like some sort of camouflage paint :blink:

Camo wrap! It shrunk due to heat but not too bad! ;)

Also my car passed its MOT with flying colours on Saturday. Only Advisery was of side tyre was low on tread!

Update:

As some may know last Sunday I had a minor incident. I have already put a post up so I'll spare the details. I have a good friend who for £150 notes will respray and repair the whole front end of my car and the plan is to respray the entire car.

Here is the damage:

Sorry to see the damage there Dave but that is a great price to put it all right ;)

Yeah, I'm happy with the price. The whole front end is being sprayed. Bonnet, bumper and wheel arches, and any small chips or blemishes are being polished out. He resprays many supercars for a living. So I know I am getting the best. He also said eventually, the whole car will be resprayed! So he mentioned we can do it panel by panel and it will save me a fortune in the long run. Very excited!

Last edited:
What do you mean when you say panel by panel buddy?

He is doing my bonnet, front bumper and arches. Then next month he will spray my doors. Basically when I can afford it, he will spray parts of my car. So over a couple of months it will be resprayed. Does that make sense? :)

I thought that's what you ment. I wouldn't of thought that would be cheaper personally. I'd be more happy with it being done in one go myself.

I would love to have the car done fully. Problem is it's around £1.8k to have it completely done with my paint code. Next up after this repair on Friday, is the doors. He said he'll do them for about £120, that's for both done. In the long run it's easier for me and it's something that can be done over a Saturday.

There's something about these cars that I love. Had a 1.4 one myself and found it to be as dead as a door nail, but did handle nice!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back