The Last Screw.....

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
have you ever dismantled something on your car and then, after putting it back together and being quite pleased - you see one vital screw.

this is extremely annoying with interior trim, but also applies to outer parts too like brake calipers - some need threadlocked bolts, which you find out when your brake is in bits and your wheel is off and the closest supplier of these gems are 20 miles away :evil:

anybody had this experience?

A couple of years ago when I was doing a NVQ course in mechanics, we used to strip down an engine and then have to rebuild it. Stripping it was easy, pull everything off (know what it is and its purpose etc). Then it came to the rebuilt, I built it back up but id still have like a dozen pieces left? haha... funny.

:lol: Throw out the engine and drive The Flinstones style while you are at it! (Its good exercise!)

I used to suffer from 'spare bits' syndrome with a Fiat 127 twenty years ago.

Always had a few left overs after finishing a job.

Strangely I never had any problems so I assume they were suplus to requirements anyway.

In fairness it was a reasonable little car. It's 75bhp 1.3 used to eat my mates ' 45bhp Fiestas for breakfast.

Maybe the diminishing list of components help with weight reduction. Put this alongside chronic rust and you have a recipe for fun.

Not had a Fiat since, mind; although I was tempted by a five cylinder Coupe in 1998.