Teenage insurance

cLaSs1c MiNi

Car
Renault clio 1.2
does anybody know the cheapest car insurance for teenagers (18). ive been looking everywhere to see if i can get my current cost down. im on the insurance as a named driver with a parent being the owner of the car and the main driver. although the no claims doesnt work as you can only have it on one car.

if anyone can get back to me with some good companys i will be eternally grateful. and will owe a cyber-pint ;)

bell was the best for me when i started out on my own.
was with them, apart from 1 year, until last year when their parent company admiral became the cheapest for what i needed.
now that im turning 25 they are becoming more dearer.

realistically it depends on your circumstances, try and cut your milage down, when did you pass ? if it was under a year get yourself on a Pass Plus scheme this can equate to 1 year NCB. if the cars over 5 years old also look towards going with third party rather than fully comp as they, the insurance company, are more likely to write it off.

get a policy in your own name to build up your own no claims and add your mother (or another older female) as a named driver. you shouldnt really be driving as a main driver when the cars in a parents name. its called fronting and may be getting harder to claim if you require

Adrian Flux are pretty good. We have an EXCLUSIVE deal being setup with them as we speak for our members.

thanks to all you people that helped. however (im not saying its your fault) most of the websites/insurance companies quoted turned out to be all just over £2000. i have finally found the perfect insurance company for provisional drivers and new full licenced drivers - QUINN DIRECT. they seem to have a certain discount for young drivers. these are by far the cheapest insurance company by £400 provisionally and £1000 full UK licence to the nearest competitors.

i had quotes of £400 - provisionally
and £1200 - full UK licence,

so you can compare with what you find

thanks again for your time and help

dan :D:D

thanks to all you people that helped. however (im not saying its your fault) most of the websites/insurance companies quoted turned out to be all just over £2000. i have finally found the perfect insurance company for provisional drivers and new full licenced drivers - QUINN DIRECT. they seem to have a certain discount for young drivers. these are by far the cheapest insurance company by £400 provisionally and £1000 full UK licence to the nearest competitors.

i had quotes of £400 - provisionally
and £1200 - full UK licence,

so you can compare with what you find

Thats good buddy glad you got it sorted.

mate its nothing i would consider or look into but i saw an ad on tele the other day the company is called ikube which offer 45% discount to young drivers heres the home page give them a call it maybe of some use who knows
http://www.i-kube.co.uk/pages/homepage.aspx

Morethan is cheapest when you turn 18... couldnt find anybody cheaper than more than :)

Soon as I turned 18, my quotes were still £1200+ with everybody, but morethan were £500 :)

Quinn Direct are good not just for price but as a company, when I had an accident and there were law suits involved etc.. they really went the extra mile when they could have just not, I couldn't have been happier with the legal team, made me feel guilty when I switched to elephant the next year for cheaper price.

Wayne, what's this deal you're arangeing if you don't mind me asking? and would I be eligible for it? I feel somewhat cheeky for asking considering my low post count and stuff but I was thinking of looking into Adrian Flux when I stop planning and start actually working on my car as I've heard they're the best for moded cars.

ohh yes more info on this might be good, think it will be sorted out by june ?

or is this one of the things thats been talked about in the mod forum ?

As I said before, I recommend MoreThan, you don't even have to tell them about your visual modifications because they let you have as many as you want :)

sorry dont belive that mate. your saying if i phoned them up got a quote them said i had a bodykit ready to go on it. some 19" wheels and some tints for it the price would be the same ? dont think so somehow

"My car has been modified; will you be able to provide cover? We will not be able to provide cover if your car has been modified to increase the top speed or acceleration."

I was told that this meant that you could have modifications as long as they didn't increase the top speed or acceleration aka performance of the vehicle. There is no bit on the website application form where you can enter in any modifications

takeing a guess but perhaps when they say they wont be able to provide cover they mean just that, Performance mods mean they simply wont insure you and other mods they just hike the price up?

there isnt alot of website that allow mods its normal to get told to call.
wezzel just try something for me, give them a call and tell them youve looking at fitting a body kit to it but want to check that it wont affect the insurance as what youve been told by them in the past doesnt sound right

And often after you've added three or four, the premium stops increasing for each new consective one! Unless it's got something like N2O or a full cage, I think they're more concerned whether the car is modded or not rather than what it has inparticular. That's what I reckon anyways.

there isnt alot of website that allow mods its normal to get told to call.
wezzel just try something for me, give them a call and tell them youve looking at fitting a body kit to it but want to check that it wont affect the insurance as what youve been told by them in the past doesnt sound right

I will be giving them a call soon anyways so will ask them for our information ;)

cheers would like to be informed of this, sounds stupid that they dont alllow you to do enigne work but allow you to alter the suspension, bigger wheels, body kits, tints etc which are more obvious to thevies / vandals and more likely to be damaged / stolen