Supercharge an SIR???

kasaGame

Wrench Pro
Car
Civic sir eg6
I want to supercharge my eg6 sir any1 have any ideas on how much it will cost?
how long it will take?
how much bhp it will gain?
Any and all suggestions would be great thanks.

do a search for claymore.
he superchargerd his car using an eaton M45 charger from a mini cooper. they pop up on ebay,
took out the air con and put the supercharger in its place and plumbed it in without changing the ECU map.

regard power it would depend on how much boost you put through it.
honda engines are normally high compression already so you might not get much power without blowing the engine up

regard power it would depend on how much boost you put through it.
honda engines are normally high compression already so you might not get much power without blowing the engine up

cheers mate, il look into what gives the best bhp increase, turbo, supercharger, k20 engine or prelude 2.2 engine swap

would put turbo out as vtec dont really like them.

also look at the weight differences - how much is the H22 (prelude) engine going to weigh compared to your, iirc 1.6.
theres no point whacking in that engine and gaining 30bhp and 50 or 60kg

would put turbo out as vtec dont really like them.

also look at the weight differences - how much is the H22 (prelude) engine going to weigh compared to your, iirc 1.6.
theres no point whacking in that engine and gaining 30bhp and 50 or 60kg

good point what do you think would be best for big bhp gains?

for big gains. i would go with the H22 engiine lower compression with headwork done (cams, gas flowed) and supercharging but this is going to need custom mounts made and work done to the suspension. ill leave out brakes because hopefully youve already looked at that. and alot of money.
but this is going to mean the car is off the road for a long time while everything is set up

Alright mate...the K20A is a great engine. Add an exhaust system, manifold, headers, cams, etc. Then supercharge it. You'll be looking at 350ish bhp. How does that sound to you?