Super unleaded or standard

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I treated my car the other day to a tank of super unleaded now it has come down below 99p a litre!

I'm going to see if I get better MPG from it. Already it feels more powerful.

With the recent drop in prices are you more or less likely to buy high octane fuel.

I treated my car the other day to a tank of super unleaded now it has come down below 99p a litre!

I'm going to see if I get better MPG from it. Already it feels more powerful.

With the recent drop in prices are you more or less likely to buy high octane fuel.

My cars advice is to run it on regular unleaded. But if I see prices drop that low near me I will start using it. :D:D:D

I used to use 98RON all the time in the Primera - definitely better and sweeter running. You should only really compare one brand at a time as big name 95RON is usually superior to supermarket 95

Tesco's supermarket used to do '99', which had an octane rating of, uh, 99. That was provided by the same company that provided fuel to the FIA WRC cars. I believe things have changed now, but there you go.

My dad used to have a tuned Hillman Imp and he tells me he had to add octane booster to the fuel to get it up to 104.

I always used high octane fuel in the GTO and only ever bought from Shell - regardless of the price..

In the Audi I will buy from anywhere that has the cheapest standard fuel

only use normal when i cant get super.
Twamgl3 tesco up here still have the 99 but i aint uing supermarket fuel ever again, used it once in the civic and it was lumpy for a couple of weeks.

can always tell when ive used normal as the car feels nowhere near as responsive but no difference in economy really

in the burb i use the cheapest, the wifes pontiac is supercharged so go with premium when i can afford it. in the z always used the highest octane i could find. you guys are lucky to have 99 octane at the pumps there, over here we get 92 if you are lucky and you might find one with "race" fuel (99) if you are super lucky and the stars align just right.

our 99 isnt the same as your 99 wcnwrzd. think theres around couple of points difference between ours and yours.

your 95 is prob the same as our super (97-99 depending on where you go)

there are a few garages that do sell the 103 octane but these are far and few between. most are close to racetracks

Last edited: