Spacers on a Grand Voyager - help ?

S

Scenicvoyager

Hi,
I have a Chrysler Grand Voyager (04 plate) - currently have Chrysler 300C alloy wheels ((18") on it --- came to get new brake pads fitted and the wheels don't fit .. need spacers to accommodate the "fatter" brake pads? How do I go about making sure I get the right spacers and enough torque on the bolts (guess they have to be longer).
Can anyone advise on sound advice or professional supplier guidance to make sure I get the right kit?
Thanks.

mmm sounds stupid but brake pads shouldnt effect the clearance.

have heard of folk using just normal washers to space out then work out the thickness form these.
longer bolts will most likely be needed and look for hubcentric ones as these actully sit on the hub itself so the weight is spread out on the hub as well as the bolts them selves

welcome to the forum as well

Sounds weird to me. I'm with PG, can't see how new pads affect wheel fitment. What type of caliper is fitted? One with pistons on both sides of the disc or the type with pistons on one side only with the opposite side of the caliper sliding? Shouldn't make any difference, unless the sliding type have, somehow, been fitted the wrong way round!

Last edited: