Sodding Potholes.

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
Well around 5pm Christmas day I was putting the spare on the Focus as when my mum was driving me back home after dinner and a few beers. She was driving along then all of a sudden BANG....... Made her pull straight over to have a look and it had burst the tyre and chipped the alloy. We then had a look at what was hit and it was a big hole in the road with the end of a grate sticking up about 2-3inchs.
Needless to say I was not very happy.
Has anyone else had this. How do I go about getting the coucil to pay for the damage?

You need to prove negligence. If the hole has been reported already and they have not fixed it in a timely manner then you should be ok.

Take photos, measure the depth of the hole and photgraph it with a tape measure in it and over it. The photograph the damage and get 3 estimates for repair. Include a suspension realignment.

See if you car insurance has legal cover included, they may be able to take this on for you or at least advise you where to go and how to proceed.

I think the icy weather has opened up a load of potholes, there are loads down our way.

It sounds like it has been reported then. Write to your local council with photographs. Find out who is responsible for dealing with claims for the road. A phone call to the transport dept should suffice.

Which council are you under then?

we had that with the wife's car.
take pictures of the hole and the damage.
send to council demanding they pay for the damage.
it worked for us.

It was in selston so it will be Ashfield District council. I did phone an emergency number but got through to the highways agency but it was for motorways only. He did give me a number for Notts County Council but they was shut.:sad2:

put it a letter and send recorded delivery.
then phone and email.
you have to pester them to get anywhere.
we got a new front wheel and tyre out of our council.

turbonutter69-albums-my-cars-picture2760-sodding-hole.jpg

turbonutter69-albums-my-cars-picture2761-damage.jpg

nasty.
keep copies and if you can put a newspaper headline by the hole and take another picture, so they cant claim it was ok when it happened.