Snows on its way lookout

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Whooopeeee, we have snow. Not much down here but this usually equates to quite a few inches the further up the country you go.

I've seen too many drivers with clear windscreens but snow covered lights. It is a real pain not being able to see the indicators. So take a minute to clear your lights when you clear the windscreen.;)

Whats it like where you are?

Thats just showing off! :lol: I get my wife to do this. Sometimes I also stop the car to make it easier! :lol:

I have not seen it these bad for some years... still nice to see,,
02022009034gd5.jpg

We got about 3 inches so far with more on the way tonight. It's actually still snowing now lol.

it finally gave up snowing here around half 3 fields were white but nothing on the roads.
however 10 miles down the road the ploughs were out on force, supposed to be more heavy snow here tonight

I tried to get to work, a 35 mile commute up the A3. Gave up and turned back home, the further north I went the worse the roads became. The A3 at Liphook was torrid and the sliproad to the A325 to Bordon was partially blocked with a jack-knifed lorry, he was stuck in the snow. Took me 70+ mins to travel what would normally take me 20 mins.

Lets turn this into a "Post up your snow pics thread". Mine has all melted now so I might scrape out the freezer and fake something.

well being just outside newquay we very rarly get snow but ut started yesterday at about 13:30

and looked like this after 20 mins
DSC00077.jpg

then at about 15:00 was like this
DSC00080.jpg

and this morning it looks like this and is stll slightly snowing
DSC00083.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

it was quite bad on the roads as cornwall isnt used to too much snow and some people have no idea about driving in it

we had a bus sideways in newquay and alot of shunt accidents

most of the roads were down to a 15 mph crawl

Last edited:
strange you dont have any down there waynne but nere we still have a few inches in places was out yesterday in my dads motor getting stuck all over the place even today took me and the boss about a houyr to get out the yard cos of the ice and we all drive rwd motors

DSC04730.jpg

DSC04949.jpg

DSC04934.jpg

twamgl3-albums-misc-picture2336-icicles-mrs-car-1st-feb-09.jpg

My wife's car's icicles.

twamgl3-albums-misc-picture2335-snow-outside-my-house-1st-feb-09.jpg

The road where I live about six hours after father-in-law ploughed it!

you have to laugh really, down south as soon as theres a ew inches the whole world comes to a stop.
on the news it was showing somewhere down south, all the cars in a jam hardly moving then went to aberdeen, where it was nearly a whiteout with the snow but people were still going around without any real issues.