Shortest time tyres have lasted you

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
What is the shortest time that a set of tyres has lasted you. Due to a tracking issue mine needed replacing within 3 months. :embarrest::confused::amazed:

Three weeks, i kept saying to myself, "I must set the tracking when i get home", but you know how it is, one day rolls into another and another etc..:)

03122008451.jpg

I can see straight away the tracking problem. That must've been yards out! It must've felt like trying to negotiate a downhill 180 degree hairpin with a fully laden shopping trolly

6 months is the longest time my tyres last
and tracking was good

if only car tyres were re-groovable like truck tyres, does anyone know how much a truck tyre is???
would it be cheaper in the long run?

Roads are really bad around my area, Any ideas on not paying £LOL to get the tracking sorted?

Roads are really bad around my area, Any ideas on not paying £LOL to get the tracking sorted?
dont pay rd tax, thats what i do, in ireland, they dont have computers like the dvla, so they cant tell if the car was off the rd or not

thank god the emerald isle is way behind the rest of the world,
slow goverment = disaster = big smile on my face:D,

South east with money to spend on gold digg'em statues and giant DVLA server's but none for the road's :D

So no chance on that one.

Last edited:
next time you go through a pot hole, stop and take pics claiming it through the steering off due to the knock. it recived. if youve got a lawyer as a mate it helps on headed paper

A couple of hours. I'd just had 2 new front tyres. After having them fitted I'd not even drove the car far after but I went home and when I next went to the car the front drivers was flat...:amazed: I'd picked up a puncture in the sidewall of the tyre. Had to put the spare on an go an have a new 1 fitted...Gutted.:(

I've managed to get payment from the road authorities around here on two occasions.

They all have statutory defence in place. But they do not like the prospect of going to court to defend it.