Seat Cupra Tuning tips?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Any Cupra owners out there? Got any tuning tips to pass on? If you own a cupra introduce yourself in this thread and meet our other Cupra owners.

hi all, any views on induction kits and bov,s whats good and whats not. we have a leon cupra 1.8t , 2002

Hey and welcome mate.
induction kits
BMC and carbonario seem to be the best.
ive got a bit of a difference by smoothing out the internals of the airbox.

bov's
think on forge do a splitter valve for the vag turbo.
if you fit a standard bov the air is expelled into the air. whereas the engine is looking for this extra air. If its not there the engine runs slightly rich.

I have to agree with PG on this one. I have had a few emails from people who are running a BOV with no trouble but I've probably had as many from people with issues caused by the loss of air. Driving style probably comes into it. The Forge splitter is a good compromise.

I stuck a panel air filter in mine because I didn't want the induction roar and this is good for a better top end and no loss of low down power.

Why not go for a remap and take the power to the 200bhp mark? (nice to have you along and thanks for joining!)

Any Cupra owners out there? Got any tuning tips to pass on? If you own a cupra introduce yourself in this thread and meet our other Cupra owners.
convert to 110 octane lpg 55p a litre converted seat ibiza cupra 1.8t 20v 240bhp 20psi electric of the mark aceleration ford focus cars running on lpg are leaving other cars for dead in the touring car championship they are turbo charged cars will post more threads in future john d

outlay for the LPG conversion is what does most people as it takes a few years to get the money back. and although the octane is higher generally its lower power output

outlay for the LPG conversion is what does most people as it takes a few years to get the money back. and although the octane is higher generally its lower power output
because the lpg has a higher octane rateing you can advance the ignition and run more booste to get more power like i do you cannot do this with the petrol as the octane rate is not high enoth you will get engine detination

the problem is, unless its changed in the last few years, is that you couldnt start the engine on LPG and had to have it on petrol, depending on how much you are advancing you might not be able to map the difference.

but the biggest problem of the lot is the unavailable of LPG across the UK.
im only aware of 1 LPG equipped garage within 50 miles of me

I thought LPG had a lower calorific value than unleaded petrol, so was near-useless installing on a performance orientated car? I could easily have my facts wrong though!