rocker cover gasket seals

k3ogh

Tuner
Car
pug 306 1.4
the rocker cover gasket on my pug and the gf has gone from what ive read online it is a common fault :s can any way tell me the best way to go with this? is it just a simple swap etc and will the rocker cover be warped or any thing cheers:( i came over so many problems today giving her a good look over ready for selling her so want to make sure that its mint :)

The rocker cover is very unlikely to have warped to be honest. It's not a load bearing component like a cylinder head is.

I'd just take it off and make sure you clean up the gasket mating surfaces thoroughly before fitting the new gasket.

Clean the bolt threads/taps as well so that the tightening torque is accurate. Don't be tempted to screw the thing down harder than the manual says.

have you came across this yourself hdi? ive heard of people using a sealant with the new gasket as well, is this worthwhile?

have you came across this yourself hdi? ive heard of people using a sealant with the new gasket as well, is this worthwhile?

Probably not necessary. But best to ask a proper mechanic. I've been fortunate that in 700,000 plus miles of driving I've not yet had a car that leaks oil or coolant