Replacing my indicator stalk

Saz789

Car
Saxo 1.1i Desire
I have bought a new indicator stalk for my Saxo 1.1i desire as the connections are faulty. Any ideas on how easy this will be to replace myself or should I have it done by my dealer?

Having an airbag shouldn't matter. The plastic surround behind the steering wheel should just either unclip or have a screw holding it in place.
All you should have to do is remove the plastic trim to reveal the two screws you need to undo to take the stalk itself off. Undo the screws dissconnect then just connect the new one up and tighten everything back up. Should only take about 20 mins or so.

Having an airbag shouldn't matter. The plastic surround behind the steering wheel should just either unclip or have a screw holding it in place.
All you should have to do is remove the plastic trim to reveal the two screws you need to undo to take the stalk itself off. Undo the screws dissconnect then just connect the new one up and tighten everything back up. Should only take about 20 mins or so.

nope the airbag and steering wheel has to come off to get the stalk out my brother in law did his about a year back

Last edited:
lmao guys. I replaced my front light on the saxo last night, its rediculous not only the amount of clips that there are to hold this on (this is after youve taken off the three solid bolts) but the fact that the plastic easily breakable clips can only be accessed through rediculously inaccessible areas. Never mind works now and so does my indicator. I worked out I made a total saving of £145 compared to their quotes by not going to my dealer for parts and labor!!!!!

lmao guys. I replaced my front light on the saxo last night, its rediculous not only the amount of clips that there are to hold this on (this is after youve taken off the three solid bolts) but the fact that the plastic easily breakable clips can only be accessed through rediculously inaccessible areas. Never mind works now and so does my indicator. I worked out I made a total saving of £145 compared to their quotes by not going to my dealer for parts and labor!!!!!

Result. Nice one buddy. :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

hehe, I don't know how you lot do it, I could only just sqeeze my hand into gap behing the light from underneath! anyway just to say thanks you've been a great help!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back