Pulling out and right on busy roads.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How do you pull out and turn right into a busy road? Do you block or do you patiently wait for a suitable gap in the traffic?:amazed:

Then when its your turn to be on the main road, how many times do you let a car pullout in front of you?

Then when its your turn to be on the main road, how many times do you let a car pullout in front of you?

Depends how fit she is :rolleyes: I usually let one car go, although I only slow down, if they aren't in gear i'll probs go past anyway.

As for turning, I usually wait for a gap, unless the junction is a nightmare then I slowly edge out until someone lets me go, and if I block traffic it usually means i've had to wait for at least 3 minutes. I don't like doing it but hey. Or i'll turn left then turn round.

Dave

Depends on how busy - wouldnt block unless some1 flashes me from right and then no **** will let me in from left :blink: - and yes do flash people in if there are people behind (far enough away that they wont rear end me when i let said person out) - dont see the point though if there is no-one behind me so dont flash then.

I usually wait for a suitable gap or a slow driver! As for letting people out...if I need to be let out at some point then I will usually let someone else out.

Depends what kind of mood I'm in ;)

On a more serious note, when you are 'yielding' to other road users who might otherwise not have right of way make sure you've done all their observation work for them. Often they'll drive straight out across the path of another vehicle. Pedestrians are even worse for this.

Depends what kind of mood I'm in ;)

On a more serious note, when you are 'yielding' to other road users who might otherwise not have right of way make sure you've done all their observation work for them. Often they'll drive straight out across the path of another vehicle. Pedestrians are even worse for this.

very true!!

Don't you also find the bunch that wait until you're on top of 'em to make a move annoying? Despite the fact you've opened the gap 'tween your car and the one in front, positioned to the right so you're visible and they STILL wait 'til the last second

whats worse is when you do pull out in enough of a gap, batter it to make sure you do not impede the person behind and they accelerate and drive up ure ass for ages after. Funny thing is I then slow down ;)