Project vauxhall corsa.

FactoryFast

Wrench Pro
Car
Porsche 08 turbo,
Been working on this about 2 weeks now, it was given to me when its head gasket failed. So decided to have some fun with it build a bodykit, tune the motor and play with the suspension. Oh and share with you lot comments good and bad welcome :D

Its the totally wild 1.4 16valve, not a fan either but it was free and big fan of free. I have been considering a diesel lump 1.7 izuzu tdi perhaps anty thoughts on this ...

Oh, a really savage performer then! ;)

I, too, like FREE!

Engine swapping is a very laborious task.

If the engine has been repaired (sonething made the HG fail - they don't spuriously) then how about making a super deluxe Corsa with elecrochomic mirrors, deep pile carpets, fully automated climate control, fully electric adjustable seats etc etc.

It's the antipathy of weight reduction I know but it would be original for certain.

Once you've added 1/5 tonne of adornments then go and use some tuning skills to put the (mediocre) perfomance back to where it should be.

water pump bearing sounded like a rusty tank track, i was thining along those lines wipe down seats and all. with regard to 1.7 vaux oil burner they were fitted to early corsas i think should be a bolt in with all the bits i hope, sort the silly inlet manifold out wind on some more boost and should go ok i think.

If you want the oil burner under the hood you will need to change the entire fuel system. It would be more cost efective if you drop a 1.8 petrol engine or even a 2.0 red top or eco-tec althought this conversion is probably more common than finding a standard car lol. Personally i'd drop a 2.5 or 3.0 V6 in with 6 speed and LSD.

No where near as easy as you think. If your car is petrol now and you want to change to diesel there is a load of work to be done.
Wiring loom, fuel delivery, fuel tank etc etc. It really is quite a big job.

Yup, agree 100%, this is why is will be far more cost effective if you just go for a big lump petrol engine.

I'm loving the idea of a v6 with deep pile carpets and a jacuzzi in the back.

will be a proper pulling car!