profit making from tuning cars

samir

Wrench Pro
Car
A4 1.8T
If I buy a second-hand car and tune it with performance engine parts and body style, would I be making profit when selling it again? has anyone had this experience in this forum? what would be the profit, if any, I would be looking at?

Not really sure mate...but generally modified cars don't gain loads in value. You may spend £15000 modding it but the value will only probably increase by £5000.

there isnt and never will be a demand for tuned cars as the whole point of having a tuned car is the accomplishment u feel knowing u have done it yourself and it is your own personal creation

when moddifying a car it becomes your personality and you wont want to sell a car you have spent so much time and money on anyway

It might be different in Amman Jordan but I would say there is little profit in tuning up cars. Do it for fun, get the perfect car and then if you sell it and make a profit that will be a big bonus. If not you've still had a great time.

All valid comments thanks. At the end of the day it is the fun of putting all together rightly said Waynne. Thanks for the wonderful people out there joining this forum.

rover anyone? :lol: tbh i think ive lost so much money tuning my car (as my family keeps tellin me) even thought i havent really done much, but so far the mods i have put on are over the value of my car, so i say, if its worth nack all anyway what harm is there in modding it, just make sure you dont want to sell it though later on as you will loose so much money

Thanks Massive for the info. Do you find parts easily for your rover mate? Here (Jordan) it has suddenly disappeared don't know why!