Pics of a couple of events I compete in

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyVaBtmABKk

This is the biggest street sprint event of the year held over 2 days on narrow closed public roads in a village/township called Leyburn in Queensland app 2.5 hours away from my home. I trailer the car there and set up camp with a 3x3 metre gazebo with sidewalls that i reverse my dual cab 4x4 with a canopy over the load tray and sleep in the back.
I have a generator and a small stove to cook up my meals during the day but always have my evening meal in the local hotel(the only one) and a dvd player as well.The camping area starts filling 4 days before the start as drivers come from other states and many of the well heeled ones have large Winnebagoes and mobile homes of all sizes.
2 years ago I woke up to minus temps with a 1/4 inch/6mm of ice over the car.
My car makes a brief appearance @ 2.26. Managed to get a 3rd in class way back in 07.

The hay bales the green Holden headbutts @ turn 1 weigh 600kg's

The blue GT Falcon at the end has an 800+ horsepower NASCAR motor and the owner invites Dick Johnson who is a touring car champion to share the car.

http://www.fredsphotos.com.au/images/2012/pittsworth_8_9_sept_12_dir_1/car_169.htm

Last edited:
Colin I do have 1 Go Pro clip but will have to get #1 son to try to post it for me.

Unfortunately it pales when compared with your fire spitting monster

Loved the crossing yourself at the start :)

I like the camera position, makes a change from the normal in-car view.

What were those two tiny cars running together in the original video?

Surprised at the number of British cars on show.

My Catholic alter boy roots, I need all the help I can get;)

They were Gogomobiles powered by a small 2stroke motor The BRG one was featured in advertising for Shannons Insurance .They insure modified cars including my cars.

There is a great variety of cars at Leyburn The Enghish are represented by Austin,Morris,Jowett,Mini,Jag ,Hillman Minx&Imp, Caterham Lotus:)

Last edited:
That's what I wanted to see, looked good fun.

It is and there is always friends that one has come to know that you only meet at each event and there is always a great atmosphere at this well run event.

One of the committee members reserves my camping spot on the nature strip outside his home for me now.

The road is narrower than it appears in the video and my turbo is slow to come on boost out of the slow 90 deg corners as it works from 4-7 k revs The 1st green on the shift light comes on @4k

OG have found the entry list with pics of all the cars and am happy to post it to you if you PM me your address.

It is a glossy publication with lots of other info as well

OG have found the entry list with pics of all the cars and am happy to post it to you if you PM me your address.

It is a glossy publication with lots of other info as well

If OG doesn't want the "Souvenir Program" of the event that has full colour pics of all the entrants then 1st in gets it :)