peugeot 406 mods any help

T

tommyukuk

Im so new to this you wouldnt believe, i dont really know what im looking for ect, so knowing my luck there will already be posts about this but basically we have just bought a pretty cood condition 406 2.0 v6, its going to be going to extreme cars in hull in the next few weeks to be converted to there ferrari f360 kit, the people there said anythings possible in regarding to changing the engine, but i just wanted to know or try find out, what types of engine could be put in that, whats the max it could possibally take, and tiptronic gearboxes, i know are pretty expensive, but is there a posibility the standard could be changed to something similar? thanx for any help.. tom.

Hi Tom - you've got a really interesting project going there. Forced induction is a good plan if you lower the compression ratio. Fitting a different cam profile and induction kit/sports exhaust will also release a few more horses. You really need the high revving sound though - if its going to look like a Ferrari then at least it should sound like one! Getting the engine balanced will give you a much higher red line.

Or flog it and buy a 2.2HDi, get a six speed box from a 306 GTI6 and let a good tuner re-map the ECU. It'll shift in a way most 3.0 petrol drivers can't imagine.

Or if you want to really get some power get the new 2.7 V6 hdi that peugeot and jag use. Jag had to detune it or it would have been more powerful than thier petrol v6.